• Promenade 2
    • BellSouth Building
    • 1180 Peachtree
    • 2 Peachtree
    • Other

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only real downside to it is that it should be taller, so it might stick out more.

Atlanta needs more projects of this type and height.

We better be thankful that building ordianace requires all buildings over a certain height to have something other that a flat top. Atlanta has a nice mix of flat and pyrimidial/other-shaped top buildings, though.

Suntrust Plaza is one of my favorite building style in Atlanta city, because in during the night time, I always staring at the beautiful shine star on the top of this building from Sundial of Westin Plaza or anywhere, I love that! But I still love all of any tall buildings in Atlanta city, they are all beautiful city. I can't wait to go visit there in next weekend. Heh! :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

You've GOT to go with the Suntrust Plaza... GOT to. BoA is tall, but I'd gladly trade it for Charlotte's BoA. Atlanta's BoA looks like a lit cigarette at night and is really quite plain and normal. If that building was 600 feet instead of 1,000, no one would even mention it. If Suntrust was 350 feet, it would still stand out as unique. Suntrust Plaza is a commanding building that demands respect and appreciation... and if it's still standing in 100 years, it still will.

191 Peachtree is a beautiful building, as well, but I have always been a fan of the more modern architecture. I remember when I first moved to Atlanta my mother looked at that building and asked, "is that where they filmed the end of Ghostbusters!?!")

I do think that 1180 Peachtree (Symphony Center) will be a gorgeous building upon completion, but the building I am most looking forward to is 3344 Peachtree (the new 660 foot, 47-story mixed use development planned for Buckhead). If that building gets built as currently planned, it might just become my new favorite. Here's to hoping...

Archived