D.O.A.

Frankie811

Dead on arrival!!!! That's the only way I can describe some of the other forums on urbanplanet from this area, such as Hartford, Boston and the northeast. Not much happening over there. And from what I can see Cotuit starts a lot of the topics on other boards, which in itself is surprising. But the Providence forum has been very active as of late with many of it's members contributing thoughts, opinions and photos. Is this because we have so many projects to talk about or is it because we are so much more interested in out community here.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dead on arrival!!!!  That's the only way I can describe some of the other forums on urbanplanet from this area, such as Hartford, Boston and the northeast. Not much happening over there. And from what I can see Cotuit starts a lot of the topics on other boards, which in itself is surprising.  But the Providence forum has been very active as of late with many of it's members contributing thoughts, opinions and photos. Is this because we have so many projects to talk about or is it because we are so much more interested in out community here.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I found this board by accident a little over a month ago... and since then I've been addicted to it! I probably check it 5 times a day!!

Thanks to everyone -especially Cotuit - for making this such a fun and informative place.

I found this board by accident a little over a month ago... and since then I've been addicted to it!  I probably check it 5 times a day!! 

Thanks to everyone -especially Cotuit - for making this such a fun and informative place.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I second that! This is exactly what seperates Providence from the other places in New England. I love em all, but when it comes down to it Providence is heads above the rest. There is absolutly no reason we cant attract more business, and add to our tax base to help out with education and public funding. I just hope those who make the ruless will come to and adjust to the needs of our city-state.

Is this because we have so many projects to talk about or is it because we are so much more interested in out community here.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This section was all but dead until we had a lot of projects announced. There are more forums where people discuss Boston, and Hartford is well, Hartford. :unsure:

The activity here is a combination of great activity in the city, high interest in the issues by the population, and a lack of other places online where Providence is being discussed in such detail. UrbanPlanet excels in it's ability to provide areas for small cities to have a place of their own and not get lost in the shuffle of the bigger cities.

Archived