The Point

gs3

With everything going on with Verdae, ICAR, etc, makes me think of The Point. Anybody have a web address? Was just reading this week that three hotels are on board for The Point (Homewood Suites, Hilton Garden Inn, and Drury Inn). Curious to see a master plan.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So this is accross from Greenridge?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The Point is ultimately going to have The Shops (being built now), office, hotels, restaurants, entertainment options. Not sure about living options. But seeing as it will be connected to Verdae, ICAR, and Millenium, seems there will be a big population (living) boom in this area.

Centenial American Properties is doing the shops, ehre is what I got from their website about the Point

"The Point Carolina's International Corporate Center is a 275 acre master planned corporate business park. With retail to include Circuit City and Whole Foods."

"The Site and Project:

The Point's planned development consists of 2.7 million square feet of office space, 950,000 square feet of business service / flex space, 300,000 square feet of retail space and restaurants, and 600 hotel rooms. The project presently includes an 850,000 square foot warehouse."

I think that 850,000 sf warehouse used to be a Bosch Factory that they converted to office and warehouse space.

Also, The Office Centers have a building their.

Office Center at the Point

I sure hope Woodruff Road can handle the traffic that Greenridge and The Point will produce.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My pleasure. I agree with the Traffic Concerns. If the Greenville Mall ever decides on 1) whether to re-develop/re-invent itself and 2) how to do it, this could only serve to worsen the traffic on Woodruff further.

Even though Woodruff Road was just recently widened, it still seems to have not been widened enough...the same could go for Congaree Road, I believe.

Little or No Traffic - yet another reason I enjoy living in T.R. and driving into downtown G'Ville from here B)

Is this that huge complex being built near GardenRidge?  I drove past there a few weeks ago and what a mess!  Sprawl on Greenville...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Indeed, both of these projects (the Shops at Greenridge and the Point) sit opposite one another on Woodruff Road between Garden Ridge / Garlington Road and I-85. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the link RT! 

I sure hope Woodruff Road can handle the traffic that Greenridge and The Point will produce.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Woodruff Rd is pretty bad as it is. Almost as bad as Harbison Blvd in Columbia. These new shops are going to make it much, much worse. The horror :ph34r:

Laurens Rd will be deserted completely except for the car lots. It seems that most of these new shops are just relocations of the old ones over there. Sure there are a few new one, but still...

Laurens Rd will be deserted completely except for the car lots. It seems that most of these new shops are just relocations of the old ones over there. Sure there are a few new one, but still...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And to think, with the pending development of the Hollingsworth land, it seems the retailers along Laurens were a bit premature to bail...but hey - Laurens still has a LOT of potential now that retailers have vacated. ^_^

And to think, with the pending development of the Hollingsworth land, it seems the retailers along Laurens were a bit premature to bail...but hey - Laurens still has a LOT of potential now that retailers have vacated.  ^_^

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Laurens does have some great potential. The theaters at McAlister are reopening, Old Time Pottery opened, the Petsmart people told me that store is staying open and the Greenridge store will be in addition, and then there is the new Wal-Mart (ugh...at least it will draw consumers). Laurens seem to have great potential with the Verdae development, ICAR and Millenium Campus on both sides of the road. Laurens isn't out of the ball game yet and it's not dead.

I think only two businesses are relocating....Best Buy and Office Max.

In reference to an earlier reply in this forum, where are the Drury Inn, Hilton Garden Inn and Homewood Suites going? Is it at the Point or somewhere close by. I also heard that Cracker Barrel is relocating to the Point.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

These are at The Point. The site plan I saw, showed Drury, Hilton and Homewood all backing up to I-85 in a row.

• 2 months later...

I also heard that Cracker Barrel is relocating to the Point.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not only do I find this interesting, but it could be a good thing should it happen. Cracker Barrel is not in a very good location to get in and out of. Old Country Road is pretty much a frontage road that comes out directly at the off/on ramps. The parking is so bad you cannot find a parking space. You could park on the side of the building and have the police charge you with something highly serious. Has there been any more talk about this?

When is Whole Foods and Circuit City opening?

Archived