The Point

gs3

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, if they can't worth things out at the Greenville Mall that would be a good place for them. Now that you mention it, it does kind of look like a mall.

BTW, I think right now it is mostly empty, isn't it something like 850,000 sf?

http://www.druryhotels.com/properties/greenville.cfm

There are three major hotels coming...this is the website for the new Drury.  Looks like a very nice building.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The Drury Inn is a nice looking building. It will fit well next to the hustle and bustle of I-85.

It is also yet another "South Carolina first" that is coming to Greenville. :)

• 4 weeks later...

I hope this Quizno's fares better than a few others in recent (and very short) histiory. The one downtown is nice, and the other on Congaree has held its place over the years, but one on Wade Hampton and another in Easley bit the dust shortly after they opened. One should do well on Woodruff, me thinks. :)

I took a (partial - hard to capture at interstate speeds) photograph of one off of I-75 north of Dayton, Ohio the other day that looks very similar to this (only nicer in real life). I think this will be a plus for Greenville, for sure!

Noticed on the website that the Drury will have Belgian waffles. Stayed in a Drury last year in Dallas and the waffle iron made your waffles in the shape of the state of Texas, and they had red, white and blue syrup. Kinda silly, but at 7:00 in the morning, humurous and refreshing! :D Maybe this Drury can have waffles in the ICAR logo? :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

I've been hearing Bahama Breeze is looking in the area, but don't know that for fact. Brixx is suppose to open in the village area at Greenridge.

Wow. The girlfriend and I were just saying we would love a Bahama Breeze in Greenville.

I've been hearing Bahama Breeze is looking in the area, but don't know that for fact. Brixx is suppose to open in the village area at Greenridge.

That would be incredible! I've been a fan of their coconut prawns since Darden opened the first Bahama Breeze in Orlando back in 1996. :thumbsup:

It's ironic that Darden expanded their mediocre "China Coast" restaurants too rapidly (52 restaurants opened in less than 2 years) and the chain failed; therefore, they've been taking their sweet arse time with expanding the Bahama Breeze line. I hope that a Bahama Breeze opens in Greenville SOONER rather than LATER.

Other Orlando favorites that I'd like to see in Greenville are: Smokey Bones (I know you know you know you know) and Hopps! The nearest Hopps is in Spartanburg, I believe. Smokey Bones' closest location is Columbia. :whistling:

Archived