The Point

gs3

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am noticing the road closest to Circuit City is in the beginning stages to being extended to the Millenium Blvd/Old Shulfur Springs Rd intersection.

That's going to be a long four lane paralleling 85.....The Point road to Millenium Blvd through ICAR to Forest Fair over to Mauldin Road. From everything announced lately along I-85, it looks as though the perspective when driving down I-85 will be VERY different in a few years!

A link earlier in this thread to Drury Hotels' Web Site for this Location showed a rendering that looks to be 7 stories.

Awesome! That'll be great. Do you know about the other hotel? a Hilton Garden or whatever... like how tall is will be? :yahoo: This really will be impressive. Think about it. The Point to Verdae to ICAR/Millienium Campus to the Global Trade Park, then there is Hitachi... It'll be a nice stretch of stuff for sure! I really wish that that rumor was true about St Francis. I'd love for a six or seven story or taller hospital building to grace what will soon be Greenville's interstate 85 skyline. :thumbsup:

That's going to be a long four lane paralleling 85.....The Point road to Millenium Blvd through ICAR to Forest Fair over to Mauldin Road. From everything announced lately along I-85, it looks as though the perspective when driving down I-85 will be VERY different in a few years!

Can you imagine more traffic on Woodruff Rd? That is pretty much guaranteed to happen with this road to ICAR.

I would think that Hilton would be interested in having a presence downtown in some form also, especially since they tend to locate downtown in cities (and probably would've done that in Greenville had our downtown not been suffering so much when they entered the Greenville market).

I agree. I think it'd be cool to have a Hilton-Downtown Greenville and a Hilton-Midtown Greenville (as the area has often been referred as).

Archived