The Point

gs3

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know right? I think it's pretty cool. I believe the Villagio Verde Website claims that its location will be in "Midtown"... :D

You are exactly right, GvilleSC! From the Villagio Verde front page (www.villagio-verde.com):

"Read our Developer's Vision to gain insight on why he thinks this site in midtown Greenville is the perfect opportunity for a planned, mixed-use community such as Villaggio Verde."

I like it. :thumbsup:

I think of the entire area around the Hilton and Haywood as Midtown. Pelham Road around the Publix definitely. I think part of it is the age of the Haywood area, yet it's still vibrant, and the infill happening on Pelham. Surburbia IMO starts at the Roper Mountain exit where the Holiday Inn Crowne Plaza is and continues (obviously) down 385.

• 3 weeks later...

I especially love the new EarthFare on Pelham Road. It's really nice inside, and a very pleasing environment. I am sure Whole Foods will do well, but that EarthFare can certainly hang with them. Now, the EarthFare on Augusta Road might not make it, unless there is enough demand downtown. I hope there is!

^ I love Earth Fare and I think they'll hold their own against Whole Foods. From what I hear the Augusta Road location does really well. I think the Augusta Road crowd keeps it busy. :)

A friend of mine in the restaurant industry told me Greenville ranks really high nationally on the "alternative" food scene. Alternative meaning non traditional grocery stores and food. Apparently the European factor here helps out. When you think about it, it's pretty great for a city this size: 2 Earth Fares, Whole Foods, Garners, Fresh Market and the many, many, Japanese, Korean, Chinese, Hispanic, Indian, German markets, etc.

• 1 month later...

New to me as well. I've always heard it referred to as the Downtown Airport area.

Maybe we can get it changed to "Greenville Midtown Airport." :shades:

The AmeriSuites description (the same one is found on many websites) states that its Haywood location is in midtown:

"The AmeriSuites Greenville is set in the Midtown section of Greenville, near the main shopping mall and within minutes of the thriving business sector."

http://www.res99.com/hotel/10004900-10191469O.html

O'Charley's was going to be directly across Market Point Drive from Bob Evans; however, those plans were abandoned and the ownership of that property has since been transferred to another party (according to county real estate records, at least). This is a different location altogether.

I'd love to know what it is, too, if anybody has any firm news/hints.

Archived