The Point

gs3

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyone noticed the new traffic signals going up near Cracker Barrel? I think some traffic engineers have forgotten a turn signal will be useful there.

The last time I drove through there, the poles and arms were up, but there were no signals mounted to them yet. Please don't tell me they forgot to put in a turn signal? :wacko: Some fine engineering there, if that's the case. :blink:

The last time I drove through there, the poles and arms were up, but there were no signals mounted to them yet. Please don't tell me they forgot to put in a turn signal? :wacko: Some fine engineering there, if that's the case. :blink:

Make that a fine addition with drivers stopping in the middle of the road for green lights and you have a fine mess. Why has no one bothered to syncronize Woodruff Road yet?

If this is not O'Charleys, then what is it? I always just asumed it was.

Doc Chey's (Sp) is very near opening from all appearence.

Has anyone been by by the P.F. Chang recently? It is coming along very nicely! The war horse is already positioned outside and most of the framing and sheathing appears to be up. :shades:

If this is not O'Charleys, then what is it? I always just asumed it was.

I dunno. O'Charley's was going to be at 4 Market Point Drive; however, they sold the property to Poinsett Realty Fund 27 LLC.

The property where the construction is taking place is (oddly enough) 6 Market Point Drive and is owned by BF-GVL LLC. Whatever that's a front for, I do not know. Anybody have any guesses/clues?

• 2 weeks later...

I really need to get over to the Point, but I have no reason to go. Its funny that my wife and I spent over two hours at Greenridge Friday, but never crossed Woodruff Road. Part of the reason may be that we always bypass Woodruff and come in Garlington.

We'll have to get to Doc Chey's to try it out. Maybe after that we'll keep going back. I hear that place rocks! :thumbsup:

We'll have to get to Doc Chey's to try it out. Maybe after that we'll keep going back. I hear that place rocks! :thumbsup:

Doc Chey's does rock! :thumbsup: Did them again last night. Their food is all about fresh! :thumbsup: Had the freshest Basil Rolls I've had in years and the Blackbean Noodles had huge chunks of red peppers freshly sliced and grilled. Yummmm!! :wub: This place is a great addition to Greenville!

I dunno. O'Charley's was going to be at 4 Market Point Drive; however, they sold the property to Poinsett Realty Fund 27 LLC.

The property where the construction is taking place is (oddly enough) 6 Market Point Drive and is owned by BF-GVL LLC. Whatever that's a front for, I do not know. Anybody have any guesses/clues?

Could be Fleming's but i never heard an official word, I do know The Point was trying very hard to get them over there and sign design's have been done.

Thanks, Skyliner! That's jut the refresher I needed! :lol: So, the BF-GVL LLC still doesn't make sense to me. I was thinking "Bar-B-Que Fleming's-GVL LLC" or something, but if it's Fleming's Steakhouse... Ignore me please, just thinking out loud and trying to add up the clues. :silly:

Well, it seems that BF-GVL LLC stands for "Blue Fire Grill," as g-man430 pointed out in another thread.

I was eating at Doc Chey's today and heard some interesting news from the manager. We already know that the Blue Fire (or Blue Flame) Grill is locating beside Sticky Fingers. The owner of this restaurant also owns Flat Rock Grill so it should be good. Beside them will be an upscale sushi restaurant owned by the guy who owns Lieu's Chinese Bistro. What I found the most interesting is that the piece of land directly across from Doc Chey's has been purchased/leased by another restaurant. This is the odd piece of property that sits directly across from Bob Evans adjacent to the Whole Foods parking lot...the "void" that isn't maintained as well as the streetfront properties. Could this be Ruth's Chris or the Cheesecake Factory? Any info on this??

I was eating at Doc Chey's today and heard some interesting news from the manager. We already know that the Blue Fire (or Blue Flame) Grill is locating beside Sticky Fingers. The owner of this restaurant also owns Flat Rock Grill so it should be good. Beside them will be an upscale sushi restaurant owned by the guy who owns Lieu's Chinese Bistro. What I found the most interesting is that the piece of land directly across from Doc Chey's has been purchased/leased by another restaurant. This is the odd piece of property that sits directly across from Bob Evans adjacent to the Whole Foods parking lot...the "void" that isn't maintained as well as the streetfront properties. Could this be Ruth's Chris or the Cheesecake Factory? Any info on this??

Great info greenvilleguy! Thanks! :thumbsup: The owner of Lieu's, Peter, had originally looked at Greenridge. Glad to know he's going to The Point. He has a really well run restaurant...Lieu's is fantastic! Can't wait for the new place. :D

Two more hotels planned for the Point.

Source

Almost 20 years ago, I learned how to drive in the empty Hoescht Celanese (sp?) parking lot. At one point, it was looking like I could teach my own kids to drive in the same empty parking lot. Good to see the Point filling up!

Edit: RT beat me to the punch.

Archived