The Point

gs3

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just saw a story on News 4 about the shops at the point and how their using old bricks from Mills Mill to build Whole Foods Market. That sounds like a great idea that their doing this to make it look like an old textile mill. I also heard that Whole Foods Market is supposed to open next spring with Circuit City and most of the other stores opening by Thanksgiving. :)

http://www.thecarolinachannel.com/news/4771604/detail.html

I also heard that Cracker Barrel is relocating to the Point.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It appears that they're currently building what looks to be a new Cracker Barrel on Woodruff Road between I-85 and the first entrance to the Point. There are no signs or banners; however, there is a fireplace to the left-hand-side of the structure (and I assume there will be a checker board set up near it in the not so distant future).

Also, anyone noticed that the Centenniel American Properties website was changed a while back and did not include Cracker Barrel in the Point development site map?? It also does not include Thomasville or Drexel Heritage. The entire area around the warehouse is the Point, is it not?? Maybe CAPLLC is just not developing the other buildings...??? If anyone knows of a site map that includes anything other than Circuit City and Whole Foods, please let me know.

Anyone go to the grand opening of Circuit City at the Point tonight???  I couldn't make it and was just wondering what the turnout was like...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I really wanted to, but was unable because of important business. I did go last Saturday and it is a very nice layout compared with their other location. I especially wanted to go last night because the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders were supposed to be there. :wub: Oh well, it's jut as well that I didn't because I was able to get lots of work done instead. :shifty:

Drove through the Point today and behind the future Cracker Barrel there was a mailbox marked "Drury Inn."  Looks like the hotel is already in the works.  For anyone who drives by, it is between the CB and the two future furniture stores...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wonder how tall his Drury will be? Most that I've seen are midrise in the 5 to 7 floor range (much like the typical Amersuites). Even midrise of 5 or 7, would be nice right off I-85.

• 3 weeks later...

There was talk of a Hilton Garden inn as well, right? That one may be a mid-rise like the one in Anderson. I think it will be very interesting to watch the entire stretch along I-85 over the next couple of decades. ICAR, Verdae, Millenium Campus, Global Trade Center, The Point, Greenville Mall, etc... These are sure to bring unprecidented changes to the appearance of that coridor. B)

I agree! It will be exciting!

I thought the Hilton Garden Inn was a done deal. It is supposedly going to be at The Point along with a Drury Inn and some sort of extended stay hotel (like Homeplace Suites or Extended Stay America), yes? I thought all three of them were confirmed, and not just rumor.

Can anyone address this?

Archived