What is the best place to visit in GA

ironchapman

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 7 months later...

I have two favorites:

1. Dade County in the extreme NW corner of the state. Remotely rural yet the sprawl from Chattanooga is invading some territory but not too much. The most beautiful horse farms ive ever seen are in Dade County.

2. St. Marys in the extreme SE corner of the state. Very nice town and preserved very nicely. Even the areas out of it were not bad either. I also liked the town of Kingsland as well.

For me, though many may disagree, I would say Atlanta!!!!! I love the big city life, because small town life is so boring. There is nothing to to here, no exaggeration to it....... Very boring, so I need an upbeat town! Atlanta would be my choice!

For people just wanting to just tour around the state, Willacoochee may be a choice, although there is really nothing to do besides look. But people could see what a real small town life is like!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm extremely biased since I hold an undergraduate degree from this institution, but my favorite place to visit in Georgia is Berry College. Located just outside of Rome, Georgia, Berry College has the largest college campus in the world at (I believe) 28,000 acres. It's truly one of the most beautiful places I've ever been in my life. There are probably thousands of deer that wander through the campus. It's not unusual to see a herd of them out in one of the fields on campus, seemingly oblivious to the local traffic. The college has guest cottages you can stay in during your visit.

http://www.berry.edu/

I like visting the state parks, with my Favorite being Ft. Mountain State Park up in Chatsworth. The View looking out westward toward Dalton from the lookout is incredible.

Mt Second fav being Cloudland Canyon in NW GA. Those stairs going up are killer though.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, since there is lot's to see and do in historic Georgia, it would be hard to choose. For me, since I've lived in a small town all my life, and still do, I wanna see something else. If I were to go to GA, Atlanta would be the top choice. Love Atlanta and am in love with it's history (if they don't tear it all down for a stip mall or parking building). For purely beauty, Savannah would be a top choice. It's gorgeous. I'd also kinda like to visit OKefenokee Swamp. They contain vast amounts of biodiversity. The Blue Ridge mountains are quite beautiful and make for awesome views and peacefulness. Georgia is awesome. Love it. :wub:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived