• 1st Interstate Bank Tower in Dallas
    • John Hancock Tower (Boston)
    • Library Tower (LA)
    • Other

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good point, NorthStar.

I'll probably organize another one of these polls someday, and I'll have to remember to see if I have room for it.

P.S. Not that I'm trying to be rude to anyone who's suggested a tower, but I tried to pick famous towers. There are quite a few overlooked jewels out there that I didn't list because I felt that not many people would vote for them or recognize the towers, not because I don't like them or anything (and believe me, there are a few on that list that I do not like).

I voted for the Chrysler Building, but I think the Woolworth Building, also in Manhattan, is up there as well. And I have an abiding love for the Transamerica Pyramid in SF, even though most of the NIMBYs hated it when it was completed in 1972.

Darren

ok I know it's a bit late to be saying this, but the Westin Peachtree tower in Atlanta, has an Identical Twin in Detroit, The Rennesaince Center Marriot. The Buildings are Identical in almost everyway except the Marriot has Like ten Feet on the Westin, they were desinged by the same architect. Not to rain on any Atlantians parades.

The Rennaissance Marriott in Detroit is a nice hotel.

I never really cred for the last few feet of it...it looks as if there's no windows.

The Westin Peachtree was one of the first of its kind in terms of hotels. It was built before the one in Detroit. It is also home to one of the first rotating restaurants. It was the first famous "superhotel" as I call it. (By that, I mean it is a hotel that is a skyscraper in its own right.

There's a shorter, fatter version of it in Memphis. I believe it's the Hilton Memphis.

Archived