Florida : The Future of the South.

bsutter2

I agree. Most constitutional ammendments put on the ballots are worded to the point where the actual outcome of your vote is contrary to your intention. Vote yes if you don't want something, vote no if you do want something. It is very confusing sometimes. The advertising for most of these amendments wouldn't pass the FTC smell test if this was a product that a company was selling to the public.

At least they make you put how much things are going to cost, so people know that they are actually going to have to pay for it.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

(4) the Mexicanization of the state. 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If the exploding Hispanic population of the USA continues, and it will, it looks like the entire country will be Mexicanized since they will be the majority soon. I guess we must accept the decline and disappearance of the "white majority."

I would like to see the constitutional amendment process in Florida to be used only for the most extreme fundamental changes to the way the government operates or with respect to protecting civil rights. Pregnant pigs don't belong there.

I would rather see some type of "proposition" process whereby citizens can get their voiced heard through statute, mandate that the Legislature would be required to pass a bill. Its constitutionality can be tested in the courts, whereas an amendment can't be, because it becomes constitutional upon passing. If the Legislature is unable to pass anything on initiative during the regular legislative session, a mandatory special session could be ordered until the job gets done.

• 1 month later...

Besides PCB, Florida sucks. The only reason it is growing so fast is b/c retired yankees move down there b/c of the beaches and illegal immigrants come in on rafts. In my book (and most other people's books in the South) Florida is on indefinate suspension from the South...Go Vols, Gators, FSU, Miami..they all suck

I on the contrary as a bias resident believe that the floridian urban cities are begining to mock more northern areas (more so North east certainly not midwest or west for that matter). I think florida may tie our country together. In the same way that NY is a mixing bowl.. so too florida. And yes, we do get alot of retirees. I hate them on the road, in the store, and on our beaches ((yikes)) but if our climate makes thier life nicer, maybe i could be so lucky oneday. And the immagrants? Way more jog from our real bordering neighbors. Plus, if they want to risk thier life to have a chance at freedom, i am all for it. I hope more make it safely. It would be hippocritical for anyone in this country to be upset by the influx. If we had better ways of gathering these people into the tax pool (aka citizenship and jobs) we would not be so "bothered" by the burdens. Ok, i am done venting.. .(ps. FSU IS FLORIDA FOOTBALL) art major

Besides PCB, Florida sucks. The only reason it is growing so fast is b/c retired yankees move down there b/c of the beaches and illegal immigrants come in on rafts. In my book (and most other people's books in the South) Florida is on indefinate suspension from the South...Go Vols, Gators, FSU, Miami..they all suck

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Great way to start on UP when your first post contains juvenile comments with no real bearing to the topic as a whole.

Indefinite Suspension from the South??? What do you mean by that??? If you mean that Florida is void of backwoods, redneck thinking, then fine by me! Keep that outdated philosophy out of Florida! Maybe the rest of the South is jealous of Florida because of our progressive attitude. Economic growth follows as a result! :thumbsup:

Great way to start on UP when your first post contains juvenile comments with no real bearing to the topic as a whole.

Indefinite Suspension from the South??? What do you mean by that??? If you mean that Florida is void of backwoods, redneck thinking, then fine by me! Keep that outdated philosophy out of Florida! Maybe the rest of the South is jealous of Florida because of our progressive attitude. Economic growth follows as a result! :thumbsup:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

\

Tell it like it is brother! :rofl: No for real I mean it

Tallahassee Democrate sunday (today) reported that big Bend govts met in St Augustine to discuss a regional alliance control the proper growth of the area. city of Tallahassee, Leon, Taylor, Wakulla, and Gadsden counties appear to have agreed to work together on topics such as regional transportation and enviromental protection as the areas growth is snowballing. area counties not in attendence were jefferson and franklin which should be agree with the agenda of the alliance. This is a great step forward, outta the old fashioned distrust between counties who now realize together is best.

Archived