Malls

Florida

Tallahassee Malls  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which Mall do you currently shop most?

• Governor's Square Mall
    • Tallahassee Mall
    • Both about the Same
  2. 2. How would you rate the Governor's Square Mall?

• Excellent
    • Good
    • OK
    • Sub-Quality
    • Poor
  3. 3. How would you rate the Tallahassee Mall?

• Excellent
    • Good
    • OK
    • Sub-Quality
    • Poor
  4. 4. Do you think the pending Pinnacle at Cross Creek mall is a threat to any of the following Malls?

• Governor's Square
    • Tallahassee Mall

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"Those are really not a Tallahassee Mall specific issue. It's just been continued throughout the economy and through struggles that these larger chains have been going through over the last couple years," - Steven Darby.

Dont blame me, blame that man behind the tree.

The fact is Tallahassee Mall continues to deliver a far inferior product than Governor's Square and the planned Devoe development. They sign a lot of local independent stores to leases, and honestly, that isnt going to do anything for the quality of the mall. As Commissioner Desloge said, "This is capitalism at its finest." Good riddance, Tallahassee Mall.

Let's build a new minor league ballpark there! ;)

If it does go under, I wouldn't be surprised of it remained empty for a long time with it ultimately being bought by the State of Florida to be used as offices and/or storage.

• 1 month later...

It looks like we could have a new owner at the Tallahassee Mall.

California firm seeks to acquire troubled Feldman Mall Properties for $17.7M

MacKenzie Patterson Fuller, a current Feldman investor, offers $1.50 per FMLPE.OB share to thwart opportunistic buying at over-the-counter price.

Feldman Mall Properties, the Great Neck-based real-estate investment trust that has lost millions in the past year as a credit crisis has gripped the mortgage and financial markets, now has a suitor -- a California company offering $17.7 million.

MacKenzie Patterson Fuller Lp wants to acquire Feldman for $1.50 a share. Shares of Feldman, which were delisted by the New York Stock Exchange in early July, have been trading over the counter for under $1. As recently as April 2007, shares were about $12.

In a filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission last week, Moraga-based MacKenzie Patterson -- which specializes in distressed real estate -- said it wants to acquire 100 percent of the Feldman shares it does not own.

• 1 month later...

Hi fellow mallrats, I was wondering if anyone knew when the comic book kiosk will be returning to the Tallahassee Mall. (or if anyone had any contact info for the vindors) I know they come twice a year, once the week before easter, and hopefuly sometime between now and X-mas. Anyone? THanks in advance! -DH

The new Swarovski store is open in the upper level of the Governor Square Mall

Thanks for the info seaty. I'm curious, did The Body Shop, where Swarovski is now, leave the Disco Mall completely or did they just move to a different location in the mall?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

How totally AWSOME is the Tallahassee Mall! I can NOW watch a movie at AMC, play a little Dungeon and Dragons at the Magic shop sign up for the Army across they way, get me some fancy Dreads for my bald head and get my self an awesome Tattoo for the "USMC" right next door all in one wing of the mall! And parents, be sure to drop off your kids and leave them by them selves there, they will come back with all kinds of new stuff to show and tell you!

.... and I cant even get one lousy appliance store! :dunno:

• 2 months later...

Some news I read online concerning the Tallahassee Mall

---

4/27/2009

<H2 style="LINE-HEIGHT: 13.5pt">HFF to market Tallahassee Mall </H2>by Eric Ramsden

Tallahassee Mall, which lost two anchors in 2008, is being offered for sale by a court-appointed receiver being represented by Holliday Fenoglio Fowler.

The nearly 1 million-square-foot mall sits on nearly 100 acres 2415 N. Monroe St., close to Interstate 10, downtown Tallahassee, Florida State and Florida A&M universities.

The property is 61 percent leased to tenants including AMC Theatre, Belk, Burlington Coat Factory, Ross Dress for Less, Sports Authority and Barnes & Noble.

http://crefeed.com/news/220611-hff-to-market-tallahassee-mall

• 1 year later...

Archived