Malls

Florida

Tallahassee Malls  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which Mall do you currently shop most?

• Governor's Square Mall
    • Tallahassee Mall
    • Both about the Same
  2. 2. How would you rate the Governor's Square Mall?

• Excellent
    • Good
    • OK
    • Sub-Quality
    • Poor
  3. 3. How would you rate the Tallahassee Mall?

• Excellent
    • Good
    • OK
    • Sub-Quality
    • Poor
  4. 4. Do you think the pending Pinnacle at Cross Creek mall is a threat to any of the following Malls?

• Governor's Square
    • Tallahassee Mall

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

The other day I took the liberty to write to the new owner of the Tallahassee Mall, Mr. Feldman, as a Tallahassee Citizen. I made him aware that I'm very excited that the mall is now recieveing some much needed attention, and that I hope to see it transformed into our area's premier shopping center. I'd done a little looking around on the Feldman Properties website and noticed they own and operate 6 other malls in America:

Feldman3.jpg

Of those 6 malls, 3 of them are in Capital Cities.

One thing that stood out to me were the similarities between our Tallahassee Mall, and the Mall in Tuscon, Arizona. Each mall has a Ross Store, Movie theatre, and Barnes and Noble... among other notible national chains.

Feldman.jpg

On top of this I see great promise for the inside of the mall, which is one of the Tallahassee mall's strengths. I look at how this company uses space to create a more interactive feeling between the facility and the guest, and its no wonder they've had so much success at boosting foot traffic at the malls they've taken over.

Feldman2.jpg

Feldman is surely a welcomed addition to the Tallahassee business community, and if I might add, judging from his response to my email, a pretty decent guy.

Mm. It would be nice if the malls were larger - although I have to admit that's the one reason why I love Governors. It is small - quaint - but I can still find clothes to buy when I want. I admit it doesn't have upscale stores like no other, but then again, a Gucci (or however it's spelt) would probably go out of business pretty fast in Tally. We are, lets face it, mostly a college town and although most of those people on campus will go in debt just to look nice - money dries up pretty fast.

I do love how those other buildings from Feldman Properties look though. . . Very stylish and chic. That IS something Tallahassee needs more of.

(and yes, I know that I'm double posting.)

My sister lives in Naples and I visit alot and shop there too. Naples has very nice upscale shopping areas. Pelican Place being one of them. They have a saks fifth avenue.

The dillards in the Governor's mall carries different merchandise than the dillards in Tallahassee Mall. The Gov Dillards carries Eileen Fisher and the Tall mall doesn't (last time I checked) - the Gov Dillards carrier Alain Weiz (tall mall doesn't) etc.

For a short time the Governor's dillards tried to carry the St. John (by Marie Gray) line but it Tallahassee just didn't want to seem to spend the money - so they no longer carry it here.

I agree the Governor's Mall is the one with a chance for upscaling.

^ I share your feelings, Rocco. Although I do think the Tallahassee Mall has the potential to impress judging from the work Feldman has done with its other malls. The Tallahassee Mall area puts it in a prime location to go upscale too. I think Tallahassee is blessed to be able to support two major malls the way we've done.

Gucci style stores need to make it into the downtown storefronts. But both malls are capable of expanding..tehy do not provide for the population... honestly, we could support 2 more targets and Supercenters. But i think if the malls were spruced up, people would see them as attractions rather than funtional shops only. Gimicks are not neccisary, but some freakin attention to colors might go alone way... I love the shinning brass, fountain, and natural feel of Govn'rs, but there is so much traffic through the foodcourt, it is uncomfortable for shoppers and eaters... Tallahassee mall needs tons as far as I am concerned. Picnic in the park is a good idea, but something needs to be done to control the linear flow of people... unlike the cross pattern of Gov, tallahassee mall is a one way trip without a shuttle back!

I think it would require a complete overhaul of the mall to do a second level. I think what they have there with the Parisians wing is nice, but the difficulties in redoing the entire mall to add another level would be too expensive in my opinion for a mall like this one. Lets just do the little things its going to take to bring some feet in the door. Add some color, bring in some stores, give the exterior a theme and unique design, give the parking area a makeover and of course some new signage, maybe more Neon... neon is nice!

I'm just not sure, if I were Feldman, and I've just spent $61 Million on a mall, that I want to spend another $50-60 Million adding a second level, and interrupt normal business service in the process. Sounds like it could be a very costly undertaking in the short run, with potential long run advantages.

I think tallahassee mall should extend its 2nd story throughout the entire mall. Its only 2 storys or well 3 storys actually by AMC movies.... Tallahassee Mall has rebounded and all of the storefronts almost are full. If they build another story, then better stores will come!

First, they need to fill in the second floor area near Parisean before considering anything else. Ever since I've been in town (2002) that area has been a dead zone, except the area right in front of the escalators. Also, there are still a couple of holes that need to be filled in the rest of the mall (Garnet & Gold location in the food court and the former Sound Advice).

I disagree.... I think the prime time to refurbish the entire mall and expand is now!

There are only 2 empty stores in the enitre place!!! this place is thriving... remember 8 years ago... without AMC, the mall was almost dead.... hardly any stores... now look at it, its a healthy steam engine......

And the upper level by parisian is occupied,,, the army navy and marines have offices there. there is stone age unless they closed up there.... there is garnet and gold, i think is up there now.... so..

If i the mall owner.. I take out a 200 million dollar tab.... Re do everything, the outside facade, make it look high class, redo the inside, add another level and watch this baby go!

Skate shop opens in Tallahassee Mall

Mojo Skate Shop has opened in the upper level of the Parisian wing of the mall offering skateboards and skateboard equpitment. The shop also features a mini ramp for testing out the new gear.

Good idea, other than the target audience though, who will wander in there? That entire section of the mall is one big dead zone (I'm in that mall 2 or 3 times a week and I didn't even realize that that was open.)

and Highschool and middle school kids whos parents drop them off at AMC and then the un-monitered post-rugrats wonder all over that mall... just sit and watch. Plus, once hte kids realize its there, they will support it. I thnk aa return of Q-zar would be great for that side of the mall. ((And i dont think there will be skateboarding kids everywhere, i guarentee with all the old people around here, they will keep that under control). Coldstone is soo good! btw

and Highschool and middle school kids whos parents drop them off at AMC and then the un-monitered post-rugrats wonder all over that mall... just sit and watch. Plus, once hte kids realize its there, they will support it. I thnk aa return of Q-zar would be great for that side of the mall. ((And i dont think there will be skateboarding kids everywhere, i guarentee with all the old people around here, they will keep that under control). Coldstone is soo good! btw

As usual I'm with you on this. I think bringing back QZAR would be perfect at a time like this.... parents could shop, kids could play, that simple.

Archived