Malls

Florida

Tallahassee Malls  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which Mall do you currently shop most?

• Governor's Square Mall
    • Tallahassee Mall
    • Both about the Same
  2. 2. How would you rate the Governor's Square Mall?

• Excellent
    • Good
    • OK
    • Sub-Quality
    • Poor
  3. 3. How would you rate the Tallahassee Mall?

• Excellent
    • Good
    • OK
    • Sub-Quality
    • Poor
  4. 4. Do you think the pending Pinnacle at Cross Creek mall is a threat to any of the following Malls?

• Governor's Square
    • Tallahassee Mall

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 months later...

O.K. I was born and raised most of my life in Tallahasse and know both malls well. Finding out the Tallahassee Mall was bought out by another company is a good thing, the former owners ran the mall to the ground. One such aspect I read earlier was the closing of Q Zar. Yes the corporation in the U.S. filed bankruptcy and closed many stores. Well the only reason it closed in the Mall was due to the owners hiking the rental space astronomically. When we reopened as Tilt there was some hot water with using the old logos so we became Tilt Tag.Then the rent got too high and we said a few colorful words and closed. The equipment sat inside the arena for several years before I cleaned it out and decided upon opening one up here in Pennsylvania now sometime in 2006. I hope the best for the mall with new owners, but we all know dirty laundry takes a while to clean up. And I read also some used the name Rex, good lord how long ago were you in Tallahassee?? the old Woolco building was renovated to a Service Merchandise in early 90s until it also closed and became 2 stores: Goodys and a seasonal shop.As for after Woolco closed I only remember Zayre and Ames holding the spot before Service Merchandise so Rex??? I dunno. The most aggravating removal the mall ever suffered was Walgreens Cafe, that place rocked.The center fountain was sad to go but had alot of problems in the 80s so went bye bye. I plan a trip to Tally in late Feb to see if any newer changes have happened but for now, we shall see. By the way if a new owner happens to read this, I would gladly return and open the Q Zar again, I still have 40 vests and the equipment to run one, just dont need the downstairs part it was an nuisance in the first place.I know the upstairs has partial renovations already but what was there when I last saw is fine by me.

I'd be all for bringing Q-Zar back, they had the best laser-tag. I'm the mall owner, I take out a $250 million tab and give the mall a complete makeover: add 1-2 more levels, bring in more stores, give the mall a more attractive look on the inside and out and watch how people start flocking over there. Plus, I'd bring Q-Zar back. That would spark Governor's Square to want to do an overhaul of their mall.

QMarshal Please bring your vests and equipment back to the Tallahassee Mall and reopne Qzar for us!! Please! it will do really well I think! plus the mall is under new management and the rent may be tolerable! Please Please Come back and open up here!

O.K. I was born and raised most of my life in Tallahasse and know both malls well. Finding out the Tallahassee Mall was bought out by another company is a good thing, the former owners ran the mall to the ground. One such aspect I read earlier was the closing of Q Zar. Yes the corporation in the U.S. filed bankruptcy and closed many stores. Well the only reason it closed in the Mall was due to the owners hiking the rental space astronomically. When we reopened as Tilt there was some hot water with using the old logos so we became Tilt Tag.Then the rent got too high and we said a few colorful words and closed. The equipment sat inside the arena for several years before I cleaned it out and decided upon opening one up here in Pennsylvania now sometime in 2006. I hope the best for the mall with new owners, but we all know dirty laundry takes a while to clean up. And I read also some used the name Rex, good lord how long ago were you in Tallahassee?? the old Woolco building was renovated to a Service Merchandise in early 90s until it also closed and became 2 stores: Goodys and a seasonal shop.As for after Woolco closed I only remember Zayre and Ames holding the spot before Service Merchandise so Rex??? I dunno. The most aggravating removal the mall ever suffered was Walgreens Cafe, that place rocked.The center fountain was sad to go but had alot of problems in the 80s so went bye bye. I plan a trip to Tally in late Feb to see if any newer changes have happened but for now, we shall see. By the way if a new owner happens to read this, I would gladly return and open the Q Zar again, I still have 40 vests and the equipment to run one, just dont need the downstairs part it was an nuisance in the first place.I know the upstairs has partial renovations already but what was there when I last saw is fine by me.

:yahoo: Welcome To UrbanPlanet-Tallahassee QMarshal :yahoo:

I know you're in Pennsylvania, but you're always welcome here! Meanwhile, would it be alright if I forward your post to Feldman Properties the new owner of the mall? He was very warm when I wrote him a letter a few months ago, and I'm sure he'd love to read this.

How many of you knew that the former owner of the Tallahassee Mall, the one who is supossed to have run the place into the ground, Tom Struass, is the same man that's has us waiting 8-9 years on the Marriott Convention Center Hotel? That was until he stepped away from the Marriott Project a few months ago. Just thought I'd throw that in. Says alot for his work as a developer.

• 6 months later...

Whats up with peeps thinkin Burlington is keeping the Mall up.... I blame it for the mall's downfall.

This exactly what I think everytime i walk past it. Blah.

As for vacantcies: Does the mall just charge to much or is it a demand issue? The mall is always packed on the weekends and with the theater on that side of the mall, demand should be there.

• 2 weeks later...

Belk seems like a nice addition to the Tallahassee Mall. I've been in their stores before and they're nice.

However, with this Parisian closing, that just leaves 2 left in Florida.....one at The Avenues in Jax and the Cordova Mall in Pensacola. I wonder if they'll be closing those stores as well.

Belk seems like a nice addition to the Tallahassee Mall. I've been in their stores before and they're nice.

However, with this Parisian closing, that just leaves 2 left in Florida.....one at The Avenues in Jax and the Cordova Mall in Pensacola. I wonder if they'll be closing those stores as well.

All the stores in Florida (and alot of other states) are becoming Becks. How is the store? I never liked Parisian (too snotting for my blood).

Yes ALL the Parisians are becoming a Belk in the 3rd Qtr of 2007 although the transaction should occur this Oct. Of course I'm sure they'll probably close the Parisians or try and sell them off where a mall already has a Belk.

Belk has a variety of store types. I've heard many say in the very small markets like the one in Lake City, Belk is like a Wal-mart grade dept. store (their words not mine.) However the flagship store in SouthPark Mall in CLT is very high-end and on the same level as say Bloomies.

How's the Belk over in Destin at Destin Commons? I've been there once, but the Belk was not open yet. Someone here was just over there......

Surely they saw The Forum and wanted to save face. Had it not been posted here I'm sure it would have been another week before they caught on.

I agree...I think they do read our forum. In fact, didn't we have one of their business reporters introduce himself on here a few month's ago? I'll have to look back to find it.

Update - I found it. The reporter from the "Democrat" joined us on 2/9/06.

Julian Pecquet

599-2307

[email protected]

I agree...I think they do read our forum. In fact, didn't we have one of their business reporters introduce himself on here a few month's ago? I'll have to look back to find it.

Update - I found it. The reporter from the "Democrat" joined us on 2/9/06.

Julian Pecquet

599-2307

[email protected]

Yes I remember doing my big :yahoo: for ReporterJulian :yahoo: a few months ago. That's exactly what it is.

• 6 months later...

Archived