Malls

Florida

Tallahassee Malls  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which Mall do you currently shop most?

• Governor's Square Mall
    • Tallahassee Mall
    • Both about the Same
  2. 2. How would you rate the Governor's Square Mall?

• Excellent
    • Good
    • OK
    • Sub-Quality
    • Poor
  3. 3. How would you rate the Tallahassee Mall?

• Excellent
    • Good
    • OK
    • Sub-Quality
    • Poor
  4. 4. Do you think the pending Pinnacle at Cross Creek mall is a threat to any of the following Malls?

• Governor's Square
    • Tallahassee Mall

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Are they redoing our Mall TJ? or is this wishful thinking?

Tallahasseedowntown, why does our malls suck. They may not be the best around but they could be ALOT worse. I gennerally find what I am looking for when I go shopping at GS or TM.

They are in the process of drafting a plan for the redesign of the Tallahassee Mall as we speak. The Gov's sq mall floor thing above is wishful thinking!

They are in the process of drafting a plan for the redesign of the Tallahassee Mall as we speak. The Gov's sq mall floor thing above is wishful thinking!

Because when i look at other malls around the country, our malls pale in comparison, they look lame.

Tallahassee Mall, honestly, could be best served by simply attracting stronger retailers.

I think Tallahassee Mall did a great turnaround job when they got the AMC 20, Old Navy and Barnes & Noble. Before that, it was the "trash mall." However, if they can get stronger retailers more power to them and any redesign is welcomed.

Governor's Square to me is a bigger offender because it is supposed to be our "good" mall. The outdated design does not serve that image well. There is also an uneasy mix of semi-upscale specialty stores and then local(?) offbrand retailers. It just makes the place look uneven and not polished. I can achieve my shopping goals there but it's not a place I want to hang out, chill, and/or people watch.

• 3 months later...

Pictures of Tallahassee Mall

TallahasseeMall035.jpg

Main Entrance Sign (should probably loose the Burlington Coat Factory logo)

TallahasseeMall038.jpg

Many cars fill the parking lot.

TallahasseeMall039.jpg

Popular Tallahassee Mall stores (Barne's and Noble, Oshman Shoe Store)

TallahasseeMall041.jpg

Tallahassee Mall Kiosk and Jewelry store section.

TallahasseeMall044.jpg

Food Court Area standing outside of Old Navy

TallahasseeMall047.jpg

Customers Scurry around the mall looking toward the Goody's wing.

Nightfall

TallahasseeMall051.jpg

Ross and Shoe Carnival on the Northern end of the mall. Neither store is connected to the inside of the mall. Former location of Service Merchandise.

TallahasseeMall052.jpg

Burlington Coat Factory's recent addition to the back of the mall is nearly complete.

TallahasseeMall055.jpg

AMC entrance to the mall features Broadway Pizza eatery as well as a Garfield's restaurant.

TallahasseeMall056.jpg

Parisian, A Tallahassee Mall exclusive anchor in our Market.

Great shots TJ. I notice in some of them the terrible parking lot. If they would make the mall parking lot Little more appealing this alone would generate more traffic IMO. I hate driving to the Theater in the back because of the Pot holes and the lack of parking on the weekends.

Burgers are Huge... thought I was at the GoodBurger movie website! I'm not sure of what to think about this place. They don't list Tallahassee among their cities of Prime Opportunities and they are a Florida company. They've got a number of stores in South Florida and thought the central portion of the state, one in Jacksonville. I'd prefer something local to step up and create something new before I'd request one of these... I'm of the belief that if they choose to over look Tallahassee then Tallahassee should overlook them.

• 1 month later...

Panera Bread Company Coming to Tallahassee Mall

Interior renovations have commenced and are expected to be completed late this year and into early 2008. In addition they are finalizing construction on Burlington Coat Factory which includes taking back space. "That portion of the Burlington Store has prime frontage to the interior and exterior of the mall, and several new tenant prospects are already in advanced lease negotiations for that space. We recently signed a lease with Panera Bread at the Tallahasee Mall and expect to pursue several other additional restaurant names this year and into 2008." -2006 4th Quarter year end conference call held May 2007.

Thats great new TJ, Thanks! I love Panera Bread, but there is always a huge line at the current one on Governers Square crossing. Hopefully this will lighten it up a bit. Is it going at the location next to Barnes -n-Noble and the Guitar store? I noticed them working on it yesterday. Can you give a hint as to who the new tenants will be? I am keeping my fingers crossed for anyone who carries Furniture, Electronics and Appliances as of now we don't have any one on the Tallahassee Mall that carry's anything like that. Which I think is weird.

I would also like to see more stores like Buckle and Anchor Blue at the Tallahassee mall as well.

Wow that is good news! New life for our old tired mall.........finally! I'm not sure exactly where you mean mracca that it might go? Between B&N and the Guitar Store? Isn't Pac Sun and a few other stores between them?

Also explain the Burlington Coat Factory deal to me please? I was by there a few weeks back and noticed that it was under construction. Are they going to just keep Burlington in one store (like normal stores) and that extra addition part will now become new stores?

Any of these new stores slated for the old Sound Advice location? That's a pretty big space w/an outdoor entrance and frontage. I've always thought that was a prime spot for something.

Poor mracca, still jonesing for electronics on the north side. :w00t:

Well it frustrates me because this side of town has shops gallor, but I still have to go to the other side of town to pick up anything that I am looking for beside restraunts. I could not even find a HD-DVD copy of 300 the movie over here.

Sorry Mracca... no info on who the tenants are. They have been very tight lipped about it.

As far as the anchors with their own entrances to the mall are concerned... something needs to be done, from a mall-management standpoint, to make sure the facades of these stores are compatible with the mall's image overall. The last thing we need is another Burlington Coat Factory issue.

Y'know, here's a wild thought I just had. Perhaps Tallahassee Mall should be bold and strike out in an entirely new direction, one that won't have it need to worry about being overrun, marginalised and run out of town by Governor's Square and the new malls and mega shopping centres that are coming at Fallschase, Cross Creek etc.

Why not a mall that is entirely food-related? Restauraunts, cafes, microbreweries, etc. One great big giant food court. Maybe keep a few "related" businessess, such as Barnes and Noble perhaps. But otherwise have it be Tallahassee's Great Cafe. Maybe re-do the interior like some sort of street scene and have the "store"fronts look like Parisian cafes? Or have each wing of the mall reflect a different ethiniciticy?

^ Very interesting, Indeed! Anyone know of a place like this anywhere else? Might be a good project for one of the business classes to take a look at.

Not specifically like an indoor mall such as Tally Mall. Most I have seen have been outdoors and extension of an existing mall and its food court. Think International Mall in Tpa here which clearly isn't the same thing Aerobird is talking about. The fact that the entire thing would be indoors just kills the excitement or interest in it for me.

Panera Bread Company Coming to Tallahassee Mall

Interior renovations have commenced and are expected to be completed late this year and into early 2008. In addition they are finalizing construction on Burlington Coat Factory which includes taking back space. "That portion of the Burlington Store has prime frontage to the interior and exterior of the mall, and several new tenant prospects are already in advanced lease negotiations for that space. We recently signed a lease with Panera Bread at the Tallahasee Mall and expect to pursue several other additional restaurant names this year and into 2008." -2006 4th Quarter year end conference call held May 2007.

Ok, another reason to renew my lease on this side of town, especially since driving across town to go to Panera is a pain.

Archived