Malls

Florida

Tallahassee Malls  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which Mall do you currently shop most?

• Governor's Square Mall
    • Tallahassee Mall
    • Both about the Same
  2. 2. How would you rate the Governor's Square Mall?

• Excellent
    • Good
    • OK
    • Sub-Quality
    • Poor
  3. 3. How would you rate the Tallahassee Mall?

• Excellent
    • Good
    • OK
    • Sub-Quality
    • Poor
  4. 4. Do you think the pending Pinnacle at Cross Creek mall is a threat to any of the following Malls?

• Governor's Square
    • Tallahassee Mall

I dont think thats correct. I believe Parisian only sold a share of their stores to Belk, not all.

Nope, all of Parisian was bought out, what wasn't sold to Bon-Ton is all being rebranded as Belk according to their website:

http://www.belkandparisian.com/press/2006-08-02.html

The Parisian website now takes you to Belk.com.

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As much as I'd like to see Sears make that move, I highly doubt that the company would leave Governors Square to do so. Another option would be to convert that section of mall into a 2 level Target (Although I highly doubt that is is in Target's plans, since a 4'th store in town might not work for the time being.)

I think it would be kinda of neat to have a Dave & Buster's take over at the soon to be deceased Dillards. Tally Mall would be seen as the entertainment mall (AMC 20, Barnes and Nobles, Dave & Busters providing the games/pool/food/ complex side of things) while Governor's Square would be our fashion mall (god willing we eventually have Governor's parcels totally full and completely redone to take out the disco vibe poother mentions!)

Is Target still pursuing that Southwood location?

And my thought was that we would have two SEARS, one at each mall.

That was my thought also, TJ...that we would have 2 SEARS locations.

Also, from what I'm being told by individuals working closely with the developer, the new Super Target is still on track to be part of the new LOWES complex on Cap Circle SE.

I think it would be kinda of neat to have a Dave & Buster's take over at the soon to be deceased Dillards. Tally Mall would be seen as the entertainment mall (AMC 20, Barnes and Nobles, Dave & Busters providing the games/pool/food/ complex side of things) while Governor's Square would be our fashion mall (god willing we eventually have Governor's parcels totally full and completely redone to take out the disco vibe poother mentions!)

BEST IDEA IN THIS THREAD YET!!!! I go to the Dolphin Mall in Miami just to go the Dave and Buster's then before or after go shopping. Awsome shopping experience! It would be nice to put up a Dave and Buster Sign along Highway I10 for passerby's at that Exit.

I wasn't thinking about a D & B here, but it would work. As far as the Sears goes, they might want to close the K-Mart on the Parkway and move it here and call it a Sears as a compromise.

Good idea guys about the D&B at the Dillard's location. We should at least fire off a quick email telling their corporate about the upcoming empty space and the 60K students that live in this town. I doubt they are even aware of this option. I mean it couldn't hurt.

Can someone provide me w/this link and I'll fire off a quick email. I hope some of you others will do the same.

Thanks.

Poonther, you say 60,000 students (college), but let's not forget the many students in the area that are not in college as well as those in the area who didn't go to college but are in that same age group. Then of course we could speak about those who have graduated and managed to stick around. We could be talking 100,000 or more.

^You are correct. I think mentioning the areas median age of the mid-twenties (what is it officially now...28?) helps prove your point.

I think I'll give the owners of Tally Mall a heads up as to Dave and Buster's. Who owns/manages it again? Corey Feldman's relatives? :)

UrbanPlanet Exclusive {sodEmoji.|} Tallahassee Mall Pursuing a $47 Million Renovation

As you all recall, Feldman acquired the mall 2 years ago for $55 Million. The company now seeks to renovate Tallahassee's oldest indoor shopping mall at a price tag of $47 Million. Along with the plans for the Tallahassee mall, are plans to upgrade the surrounding neighborhoods, to enhance the overall character of Tallahassee's NW shopping district.

Feldman's attorney is reporting the company wants to spend between $30-$35 Million of its own money, the rest they are hoping will come from tax breaks furnished by the city and county over the course of several years.

Feldman owns malls in the capital cities of both New York and Pennsylvania. Each of those malls is currently undergoing a renovation at this time as well. Feldman expects to complete a $70 Million renovation job on the Albany, NY mall this year, opening a movie theater , as well as a P.F. Chang's China Bistro, and Barnes & Noble Bookstore.

Meanwhile the Harrisburg, PA facility is undergoing a similar surgery, with Feldman also adding a 14-screen movie theater to that mall at a cost of $18.5 Million. When all work is complete on the Harrisburg Mall, it will feature a new exterior, Panera Bread Company, Barnes & Noble bookstore, a Sports Grille by SEGA, and a main entrance plaza featuring the "Town Square" look with benches and upscale shopping and dining. $30 Million were said to be spent on these enhancements.

Those malls were acquired around the same time as the Tallahassee Mall, but were in much greater need for renovation earlier on which is why their projects have already begun. The Tallahassee Mall already has the AMC 20 theater complex, the City's most popular movie theater, as well as a Barnes & Noble bookstore. Panera Bread Company is already on the way. So the changes coming to the Tallahassee mall may involve heavy emphasis on exterior improvements, as well as expansion.

More to come...

UrbanPlanet Exclusive {sodEmoji.|} Tallahassee Mall Pursuing a $47 Million Renovation

As you all recall, Feldman acquired the mall 2 years ago for $55 Million. The company now seeks to renovate Tallahassee's oldest indoor shopping mall at a price tag of $47 Million. Along with the plans for the Tallahassee mall, are plans to upgrade the surrounding neighborhoods, to enhance the overall character of Tallahassee's NW shopping district.

Feldman's attorney is reporting the company wants to spend between $30-$35 Million of its own money, the rest they are hoping will come from tax breaks furnished by the city and county over the course of several years.

Feldman owns malls in the capital cities of both New York and Pennsylvania. Each of those malls is currently undergoing a renovation at this time as well. Feldman expects to complete a $70 Million renovation job on the Albany, NY mall this year, opening a movie theater , as well as a P.F. Chang's China Bistro, and Barnes & Noble Bookstore.

Meanwhile the Harrisburg, PA facility is undergoing a similar surgery, with Feldman also adding a 14-screen movie theater to that mall at a cost of $18.5 Million. When all work is complete on the Harrisburg Mall, it will feature a new exterior, Panera Bread Company, Barnes & Noble bookstore, a Sports Grille by SEGA, and a main entrance plaza featuring the "Town Square" look with benches and upscale shopping and dining. $30 Million were said to be spent on these enhancements.

Those malls were acquired around the same time as the Tallahassee Mall, but were in much greater need for renovation earlier on which is why their projects have already begun. The Tallahassee Mall already has the AMC 20 theater complex, the City's most popular movie theater, as well as a Barnes & Noble bookstore. Panera Bread Company is already on the way. So the changes coming to the Tallahassee mall may involve heavy emphasis on exterior improvements, as well as expansion.

More to come...

I love the idea of a renovation and am glad to see the mall owners' willingness to make such a large investment- that notwithstanding, the article in the Democrat this morning stated that the additional funds they are requesting would come from a special taxing district, not just tax breaks........obviously, I haven't seen the full extent of the proposal, but given the current tax situation in Florida and Leon County, I would prefer to see the renovations (which should result in a substantial revenue increase to the owners who seem to have difficulty keeping and/or attracting tenants with the current state of the mall) funded by the owners themselves, and if they can't find a way to make the numbers work, sell it to Simon or some other large national mall-owner that can.

On a side note, I'm curious to know how much information was provided and what representations were made to Panera by the owners regarding these proposed renovations, etc. before they signed on................. <_<

Archived