Malls

Florida

Tallahassee Malls  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which Mall do you currently shop most?

• Governor's Square Mall
    • Tallahassee Mall
    • Both about the Same
  2. 2. How would you rate the Governor's Square Mall?

• Excellent
    • Good
    • OK
    • Sub-Quality
    • Poor
  3. 3. How would you rate the Tallahassee Mall?

• Excellent
    • Good
    • OK
    • Sub-Quality
    • Poor
  4. 4. Do you think the pending Pinnacle at Cross Creek mall is a threat to any of the following Malls?

• Governor's Square
    • Tallahassee Mall

I think you're absolutely right. What bothers me about that culture that you refer to is that many of its subjects look down on those of us who are able to find comfort without the luxuries.

exactly, its all the media though, the media leans towards this, so we believe its true.. I believe most people dont actually care, but those TV sets are turning our good hearted upperclass against us,

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well I find that most of what I'd consider good things about this community are now being overrun by this culture that believes it is no longer a positive thing to be practical, which Tallahassee very much is, especially with regard to our shopping and dining.

Trends come and go,, I will stay true to what i believe.. Thing is, who would have thought fashion would evolve back into a classic look in the 2000's? You see it everywhere, people love the classic and old school look, its apparent in the longer hair for men coming back, popularity of beards of late, and just old school in general.

I think you're absolutely right. What bothers me about that culture that you refer to is that many of its subjects look down on those of us who are able to find comfort without the luxuries.

This is not even close to resembling anything near true.

TD is right, believe it or not, theres a real world out there that differs much from what your fed from the media.

My type of person. If I go to an expensive restaurant, it's normally simply for the experience, and to be able to say that I've been there. But when it comes down to it, seldom have I had a meal at one that I would pay that type of money for.

I saw an episode of Southpark last night, and if P.F. Changs really does "that" to a person, I don't want any part of it.

Yeah that was um...disturbing to say the least. I never knew that restaurant was really that upscale, but the only places I've noticed them are Jax and Orlando. Destin makes sense because of the extremely high volume of money that passes through the area in one day.

Yeah that was um...disturbing to say the least. I never knew that restaurant was really that upscale, but the only places I've noticed them are Jax and Orlando. Destin makes sense because of the extremely high volume of money that passes through the area in one day.

Did you see that episode also.

Oh yeah? How do you know, GG?

Because I know a lot of people in "that culture."

But now I'll turn that same question to you. How many wealthy people have you personally encountered who have actually looked down on you because you can do without the luxuries they enjoy? And if you have met any, have you met enough of "that culture" to make such a broad generalization?

Because I know a lot of people in "that culture."

But now I'll turn that same question to you. How many wealthy people have you personally encountered who have actually looked down on you because you can do without the luxuries they enjoy? And if you have met any, have you met enough of "that culture" to make such a broad generalization?

Clearly there's a divide here. When someone has more than another they're always looking down upon the one with "less" as if their possessions have earned them a better life. I've been knocked several times by people who can afford trendy lines of clothing as I wear the same stuff year after year. A well-to-do co worker and I were looking out the 3rd floor window down on the parking lot the other day and he was talking about all of the cars he didn't like because they looked "cheap", one that he pointed at was my TOYOTA Camry. It didn't make me feel bad, because that car has been good to me, but it was the whole premise of his statement that was sad.

FL, I think that's more immaturity talking than wealth.

Thats exactly what it is. Your argument didnt make a good case.

I'll ask again. How do you know how wealthy people act? Do you know many and are you immersed in their lives? With the amount of debt that people have today, you cant judge their financial status by what they have. That guy driving that new BMW is most likely $50-60,00 in debt. But hey, he's made you think he's wealthy.

Most wealthy people live very modestly and frugally. Thats why they're wealthy.

Sure it made a good case. I can speak to the many experiences I have had around people who thought they and I were on the same level and would talk about others who they thought had less. It happens more than you may care to realize. It's a very immature thing to do, I agree.

Sure it made a good case. I can speak to the many experiences I have had around people who thought they and I were on the same level and would talk about others who they thought had less. It happens more than you may care to realize. It's a very immature thing to do, I agree.

I'd love to hear the experiences, along with the proof that they are in fact wealthy and enough evidence to conclude that you can make that broad of a generalization from the amount of people you have interacted with.

Following your logic, we can all make broad, opinion based generalizations about other people that those people may not care for when they are directed at them.

Now excuse me while I go to the Country Club and talk down about you. Because, thats what we all do after all. <_<

I'd love to hear the experiences, along with the proof that they are in fact wealthy and enough evidence to conclude that you can make that broad of a generalization from the amount of people you have interacted with.

Following your logic, we can all make broad, opinion based generalizations about other people that those people may not care for when they are directed at them.

Now excuse me while I go to the Country Club and talk down about you. Because, thats what we all do after all. <_<

I didn't realize you would take this so personal, GG! I'm sure I'm not the only one here who's had "an experience".

spc, do you remember the name of the measurement unit they used in the episode regarding the said subject?

From my experience, the more someone boasts or puts on airs on their income level, the more low to middle class they actually came from or are currently. Most people who are in the upper class don't show it off. Also and in general, the newly upper class folks (nouveau riche) are more susceptible to bragging, showing off because they didn't have it growing up and want to make sure everyone knows that they now do...

As someone mentioned before, the truly rich stay rich because they don't live extravagantly. There is a book out there called "The Millionaire Next Door." You would be surprised at how many millionaires live in that simple house down the street.

Those that make you feel bad because you aren't in their same income/social class/blah blah blah are most likely very insecure people!

From my experience, the more someone boasts or puts on airs on their income level, the more low to middle class they actually came from or are currently. Most people who are in the upper class don't show it off. Also and in general, the newly upper class folks (nouveau riche) are more susceptible to bragging, showing off because they didn't have it growing up and want to make sure everyone knows that they now do...

As someone mentioned before, the truly rich stay rich because they don't live extravagantly. There is a book out there called "The Millionaire Next Door." You would be surprised at how many millionaires live in that simple house down the street.

Those that make you feel bad because you aren't in their same income/social class/blah blah blah are most likely very insecure people!

I completely subscribe to this statement.

I'll ask again. How do you know how wealthy people act? Do you know many and are you immersed in their lives? With the amount of debt that people have today, you cant judge their financial status by what they have. That guy driving that new BMW is most likely $50-60,00 in debt. But hey, he's made you think he's wealthy.

Most wealthy people live very modestly and frugally. Thats why they're wealthy.

Good points, AIT. They sound vaguely familiar too! I guess some people just have to hear it from different people for it to register.

"The Millionaire Next Door" is a great book, I recommend it for everyone.

Please note:

I didn't see a reference to you in this post at all GG.

Please note: That is not the quote being discussed. This is:

"What bothers me about that culture that you refer to is that many of its subjects look down on those of us who are able to find comfort without the luxuries."

Archived