Malls

Florida

Tallahassee Malls  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which Mall do you currently shop most?

• Governor's Square Mall
    • Tallahassee Mall
    • Both about the Same
  2. 2. How would you rate the Governor's Square Mall?

• Excellent
    • Good
    • OK
    • Sub-Quality
    • Poor
  3. 3. How would you rate the Tallahassee Mall?

• Excellent
    • Good
    • OK
    • Sub-Quality
    • Poor
  4. 4. Do you think the pending Pinnacle at Cross Creek mall is a threat to any of the following Malls?

• Governor's Square
    • Tallahassee Mall

My type of person. If I go to an expensive restaurant, it's normally simply for the experience, and to be able to say that I've been there. But when it comes down to it, seldom have I had a meal at one that I would pay that type of money for.

I saw an episode of Southpark last night, and if P.F. Changs really does "that" to a person, I don't want any part of it.

While I've missed out on most of this conversation, I still feel the need to speak up, though GG has already done so, to some extent.

I've eaten a great many meals at both Cheesecake Factory and PF Changs and they most certainly are not expensive restaurants. It disheartens me to see FL and TD accuse either restaurant of putting on airs so-to-speak. You can have a good meal and drink at either restaurant for $15. And I've never been to either in anything much classier than my jeans and t-shirt. I was usually there book-in-hand, eating alone and the staff was nothing if not overly courteous at my having to dine alone.

I've been to expensive restaurants. These don't count, they aren't pretentious or stuffy and I would be happy to see either of them grace our city with their presence. They won't, because as others have already pointed out, Tally isn't large enough. But we would certainly benefit from their presence, or that of any restaurant like them.

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good points, AIT. They sound vaguely familiar too! I guess some people just have to hear it from different people for it to register.

"The Millionaire Next Door" is a great book, I recommend it for everyone.

Please note: That is not the quote being discussed. This is:

"What bothers me about that culture that you refer to is that many of its subjects look down on those of us who are able to find comfort without the luxuries."

So Florida, GG, et al, are you guys telling me that I've wasted all of this time over the past few months reading and posting here and not everyone on the board is filthy rich..............what a bunch of losers!!!

:whistling:

Just kidding- this discussion was getting waaaayyyy to serious so I had to provide a little levity. I'm pretty sure that we all love the diversity on the board (social, economic, etc.), so let's move on and agree on two things- the new mall owners have much more money than all of us, and Tim Tebow is not human :alc:

So Florida, GG, et al, are you guys telling me that I've wasted all of this time over the past few months reading and posting here and not everyone on the board is filthy rich..............what a bunch of losers!!!

:whistling:

Just kidding- this discussion was getting waaaayyyy to serious so I had to provide a little levity. I'm pretty sure that we all love the diversity on the board (social, economic, etc.), so let's move on and agree on two things- the new mall owners have much more money than all of us, and Tim Tebow is not human :alc:

haha, ok. so are they really going to remodel tallahassee mall?

I'll agree that this conversation has taken off in the wrong direction, and that GG, has taken a simple comment and spun it out of proportion. One of the things that's so great about these UP discussions is that one can go back at any given time and read each and every word that was written. I think if you go back, Rachiroo, you'll see MY comments didn't imply that Cheesecake Factory or PF Changs are upscale restaurants, but simply went to address a lack of satisfaction I've had at eating at many of them compared with lower priced places, and a concern with a certain segment of society who prefer to live and dine in "very ritzy high class places".

I'll agree that this conversation has taken off in the wrong direction, and that GG, has taken a simple comment and spun it out of proportion. One of the things that's so great about these UP discussions is that one can go back at any given time and read each and every word that was written. I think if you go back, Rachiroo, you'll see MY comments didn't imply that Cheesecake Factory or PF Changs are upscale restaurants, but simply went to address a lack of satisfaction I've had at eating at many of them compared with lower priced places, and a concern with a certain segment of society who prefer to live and dine in "very ritzy high class places".

I'll take the blame, TJ. You can be the victim.

Edit: Most of the post was deleted. The above is all the time your blatant lie deserves.

Enough........................

Now I do have a question that is related to the pinnacle mall at I-10 but it also related to transportation.... so ill put it here.

Why did FDOT choose to stop the I-10 improvements at Capital circle NE and not widen all the way out to Hwy 90 exit where the new pinnacle mall will be? It seems like this mall will draw a lot of traffic and people will use I-10 to get here and back... With this new development I expect to see spinoff growth.. and the whole area will be transformed.... With this we will need interchange improvements at this exit in the coming years... I dont expect fdot will come though with the needed improvements even 10 years down the road when they are needed.

Enough........................

Now I do have a question that is related to the pinnacle mall at I-10 but it also related to transportation.... so ill put it here.

Why did FDOT choose to stop the I-10 improvements at Capital circle NE and not widen all the way out to Hwy 90 exit where the new pinnacle mall will be? It seems like this mall will draw a lot of traffic and people will use I-10 to get here and back... With this new development I expect to see spinoff growth.. and the whole area will be transformed.... With this we will need interchange improvements at this exit in the coming years... I dont expect fdot will come though with the needed improvements even 10 years down the road when they are needed.

I think we were informed months ago by one of the members here on UP that the State plans to eventually do all of I-10 through Florida. Of this I think that portion between Capital Circle and the Jefferson County line will be a priority.

and Tim Tebow is not human :alc:

Of course he's not, he was home-schooled for freakin' sake. :) (j/k it was a joke, just a joke.)

Is it true though that last year his father was banded from practices or at least from coming on the field b/c he was over zealous?

I hate when my friends squabble, debating fine, but squabbling makes me sad :( .

And back on topic........when is Dillard's leaving Tally Mall? At first they said after the Holidays, then I heard a report that it would be before Christmas. Anyone know?

Technically CCF and Chang's are considered mid-range restaurants. Chains like Morton's, Ruth Chris would be more in the upscale category.

While my wife and I were in Sarasota last spring, she wanted to try Ruths Chris steak house and it was quite expensive. And frankly, it was overrated. Even though the interior of the building was extra fancy, the ambiance was terrible with everything extremely loud, the service was no better than the good steak restaurants here in Tallahassee and frankly the steaks weren't any better than Marie Livingston's for example. Actually when they were in business, Nicholson's steaks were superior by far than the ones we had at Ruths Chris. Their "seared at high temperature" claim is a gimmick IMHO. I just wasn't impressed and felt that they do not live up to the self-promoted hype.

And back on topic........when is Dillard's leaving Tally Mall? At first they said after the Holidays, then I heard a report that it would be before Christmas. Anyone know?

I've pretty much gotten everything in terms of clothing I want from them with their 75% off clearance and was hoping to catch them when they put the housewares stuff on clearance, too but they kept it all upstairs and left everything full price so I finally gave up. I could have used some of it but can't afford the full prices.

I think before the holidays judging from the condition of the store last month.

I haven't been there in a while. Please describe the sad state?

It was in a very sad state about 3 weeks ago when I went. The upstairs was nearly empty but for a few items that you described above that weren't discounted. The downstairs was so unorganized, I didn't want to bother to look for any deals.

As someone previously mentioned this would be a perfect spot for a mega dave and busters... I tried to email them, but apparently they list no address on the website, and you have to call them.

As someone previously mentioned this would be a perfect spot for a mega dave and busters... I tried to email them, but apparently they list no address on the website, and you have to call them.

Is it just me or does Dave & Busters seem to be aimed at people who grew up on Chuck E. Cheese's?

It sure looks that way to me judging from the television ads. :rolleyes:

A few weeks ago I noticed the Build A Bear store in Governor's Square how long has it been there? I don't recall it being there earlier. I tried the Mcaalister's Select and I feel it kinda sucks compared to a full blown one.

Yeah! I've heard that also. We've got 4 full blown stores on the way.

• 3 weeks later...

I ask this because I'm not certain I have a great amount of confidence in DeVoe Moore and his proposals.

Does he really need to build his mall now??? It seems there are a good number of Open Air Shopping Proposals floating around that his plans are creating a great bit of confusion. If you add up what he has planned for the Pinnacle at Cross Creek, the Sembler Development at Southwood (Southside), Fallschase (Commercial) and the new developments in the Northeast (Bradfordville Area) we're talking well over 2 Million sq.ft. of shopping. Can we trust DeVoe to follow through on his word, or will we have lost a major tenant at the Tallahassee Mall, and a possible opportunity for another Movie Theater on the cause of him?

To put this in perspective that's equivalent to more than the Tallahassee and Governor's Square Malls combined. We talk about the threat the Pinnacle poses to the Tallahassee Mall, yet are we measuring the impact these plans will have on the Governor's Square mall as well, with pressure coming from both Fallschase and Southwood.

Tallahassee has been resilient thus far in maintaining what we have, but are we strong enough now. I'd expect such an influx of shopping to create a major boom in new residential development as well. Any of you expect to see changes in our neighborhoods with all we're looking at in the retail pipeline?

Archived