Malls

Florida

Tallahassee Malls  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which Mall do you currently shop most?

• Governor's Square Mall
    • Tallahassee Mall
    • Both about the Same
  2. 2. How would you rate the Governor's Square Mall?

• Excellent
    • Good
    • OK
    • Sub-Quality
    • Poor
  3. 3. How would you rate the Tallahassee Mall?

• Excellent
    • Good
    • OK
    • Sub-Quality
    • Poor
  4. 4. Do you think the pending Pinnacle at Cross Creek mall is a threat to any of the following Malls?

• Governor's Square
    • Tallahassee Mall

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In addition to that store, I think I read where they will opening a 2nd location in Gov. Sq., but don't quote me on that one

FL, go for the dark chocolates especially those from Europe. Milk chocolate should be given up once folks reach adulthood IMHO.

Aww Poonther...that's a man for ya! I love milk chocolate, what's TD's saying? "It's yum in my mouth"? :D

I can only eat dark chocolate if it's high quality, everything else is way too bitter.

:yahoo: Welcome to UrbanPlanet {sodEmoji.|} Tallahassee floridanative :yahoo:

It's exciting to hear about the changes coming to the Governor's Square mall. Those changes you mentioned for it are exactly what the Doctor ordered. I've heard they were going to make these changes for quite some time now. I'm happy to hear someone else finally mention it.

As far as the Tallahassee mall and the increased vacancies... I'm worried. I'm not sure what to think about the state of this mall. I want it to do well, but I have no clue what the strategy of the ownership is. All I know is, the mall has been diving since they announced plans for a new one at Cross Creek.

Thank you for the "moving" welcome :) The cute little emoticons crack me up. I feel like Tallahassee can support TLH Mall, Gov Square and Cross Creek. It may take some creativity though by Tallahassee mall ownership. A friend of mine works at Governor's Square, and said that Wendy's in the food court is gone! Hour Glass and Playsmart are moving out to make way for a new Forever 21 store (that is relocating their super store to that space). Definitely changes in our mall landscape.

Thank you for the "moving" welcome :) The cute little emoticons crack me up. I feel like Tallahassee can support TLH Mall, Gov Square and Cross Creek. It may take some creativity though by Tallahassee mall ownership. A friend of mine works at Governor's Square, and said that Wendy's in the food court is gone! Hour Glass and Playsmart are moving out to make way for a new Forever 21 store (that is relocating their super store to that space). Definitely changes in our mall landscape.

Wendy's is gone?! There's a shocker. First Taco Bell, now Wendys. We can't even keep a fast food joint in business, how are we supposed to support three malls? :blink:

Wendy's is gone?! There's a shocker. First Taco Bell, now Wendys. We can't even keep a fast food joint in business, how are we supposed to support three malls? :blink:

Just because a company leaves a location doesn't mean we can't keep them in business. Without knowing the story, we could make a number of assumptions, but surely the Wendy's in the Governor's Square mall was never short on business. It could be that the Mall has its eyes on another tenant for that space. I can't think of a time I ever passed through the food court at the Governor's Square Mall and there wasn't a line around Wendy's. Perhaps they are looking to concentrate on their location on Apalachee Parkway just outside the mall.

Psycuda, or anyone who feels they know:

Should we expect to see something Similar to this for the Pinnacle at Cross Creek:

gallery_3748_8_10012.jpg

The design seems uninspired yet classy enough for what I think you've described.

I don't know about the design, but the retailer in the picture would be a WONDERFUL addition......

Didn't see the facade, but stretch that out over 1400 feet of frontage, and that might be it.

Thanks psycuda. Kinda what I pictured. I just want to make sure I've got the right image in my head. One more thing, what do you all think of those tall electronic signs marking the site? They seem rather tacky for a Mall don't they?

There is a nice Lifestyle center in Rogers, AR. Sort of like a mall that is outside. Bath and Body works, Dillards, etc. It looks nice and is pleasant to walk around in good weather.

I couldn't find any good pictures of it on line. :(

UrbanPlanet saves the day! http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/Pinnacle...ade-t15185.html

There is a nice Lifestyle center in Rogers, AR. Sort of like a mall that is outside. Bath and Body works, Dillards, etc. It looks nice and is pleasant to walk around in good weather.

I couldn't find any good pictures of it on line. :(

UrbanPlanet saves the day!

PHPweb.jpg

If land was at a premium around here I'd say that's exactly what we need. I still have reservations about these lifestyle center malls because you never know what the weather is going to be like and they seem to involve an awful lot of walking.

I don't mind walking but I do mind getting wet (from both sweat and rain). When I walked around the Promenade it was a lovely fall day. Windy, cool, and Sunny. I wouldn't go if it was rainy. There really wasn't much parking near ALL the shops, so if you needed to go to one particular store, you'd have to walk.

It works in NW Arkansas area because they only had one little mall before this development. And I also think it doesn't rain as much as it does here. I don't know how a Tallahassee one would compete with Governor's Square in the Summer.

I just feel like these "Lifestyle Centers" are over-glorified strip malls, most using too much land. Take for instance the Marshalls, Old Navy, Bed Bath & Beyond, Men's Warehouse, Sprint, David's Bridal, Tux Place, Sports Authority plaza... to me, that was a waste. Not only does it not look that great, I hate going over there because I hate having to drive from one end of the complex to the other. I'd rather park my car, walk around on the inside of a mall, and walk back to my car when I'm done. Not park my car near each little store I want to go to. We're moving toward using cars less, thus less fuel, these are simply not in the best interest of an Eco-friendly community.

I'd love to see a study comparing the sales of stores located at a traditional mall vs. the same store at a lifestyle center.

If you lived in a larger city, the walk from Marshall's to the Sports Authority on the other side would be considered nothing. I park all the time at Marshall's and walk to Bed Bath and Beyond, etc...no problem. It's good exercise that we all need. I don't see how the distance from those stores at an outside lifestyle center as opposed to the same distance walked in the covered mall is not the same. Yes, one protects against inclement weather but come on...

I do agree that that particular location is not the most attractive. I don't know if I would even consider it a lifestyle center.

^That center is a regional shopping center and not a lifestyle center. Lifestyle centers generally are mixed use areas: stores, restaurants and living spaces. Usually the stores are on both sides of the street and most of the parking is on the side or in the back. Good examples of Lifestyle centers in FL are: Destin Commons, St Johns Town Center in Jax, Mizner Park in Boca, Downtown in Palm Beach Gardens, Bayside in Miami and CityPlace in West Palm. Hyde Park in Tampa and Park Avenue in Winter Park are actually not lifestyle centers, but are more authentic old school shopping areas that have been transformed.

Lifestyle centers have become popular b/c it's like shopping in downtown areas that folks did before Malls became popular, but they are often located in suburban areas where there is ample parking located near-by and the perception of the safety of the burbs as opposed to downtown areas.

I love Lifestyle centers, it makes me feel like I am actually out-side and getting "out" maybe because I work in an office all day. When I am in an indoor shopping mall I feel like I am stepping back in time to go shopping it feels so old school. Maybe its because I am from South Florida and the Outdoor Shopping malls were so nice. I am glad that Tallahassee is FINALLY catching up with times and getting some new shopping experiences under its belt.

Personally I like the lifestyle center concept as well. When I was working in Jax, one of my favorite things to do was to walk around the Town Center, even if I wasn't in a shopping mood. I could get fresh air and people-watch and I think they've designed it in such a way that the walking isn't terrible. I certainly didn't feel the need to drive from place to place. I don't think I'd feel the same way walking around an enclosed mall.

If you lived in a larger city, the walk from Marshall's to the Sports Authority on the other side would be considered nothing. I park all the time at Marshall's and walk to Bed Bath and Beyond, etc...no problem. It's good exercise that we all need. I don't see how the distance from those stores at an outside lifestyle center as opposed to the same distance walked in the covered mall is not the same. Yes, one protects against inclement weather but come on...

I do agree that that particular location is not the most attractive. I don't know if I would even consider it a lifestyle center.

When I think about how I shop (when I do) I buy alot! And carrying those bags from store to store in Tallahassee's summers is not the easiest thing to do. Oh the weather outside is frightful... :whistling:

Archived