Malls

Florida

Tallahassee Malls  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which Mall do you currently shop most?

• Governor's Square Mall
    • Tallahassee Mall
    • Both about the Same
  2. 2. How would you rate the Governor's Square Mall?

• Excellent
    • Good
    • OK
    • Sub-Quality
    • Poor
  3. 3. How would you rate the Tallahassee Mall?

• Excellent
    • Good
    • OK
    • Sub-Quality
    • Poor
  4. 4. Do you think the pending Pinnacle at Cross Creek mall is a threat to any of the following Malls?

• Governor's Square
    • Tallahassee Mall

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tallahassee Mall: UP{sodEmoji.|}Talk

RUMOR! RUMOR! RUMOR!

A co-worker who says he has a friend in Management with the Tallahassee Mall says that a Bass Pro Shop will be replacing Dillards. This is unconfirmed, so if it's not true... you didn't hear it from me!!! :ph34r:

That would be insane if this were the case. Tallahassee Mall would explode! with business. Folks would come from Gerogia and from abroad to vist. I am not getting my hopes up, but remember when I said that I saw a Bass Pro shop vehicle park-outside and I think Poonther even mentioned something about it as well here while back?

That would be insane if this were the case. Tallahassee Mall would explode! with business. Folks would come from Gerogia and from abroad to vist. I am not getting my hopes up, but remember when I said that I saw a Bass Pro shop vehicle park-outside and I think Poonther even mentioned something about it as well here while back?

Someone saw a HHGregg truck parked in front of KMart and look at what happened there! I'm not saying it's not true, but like you I'm trying to be cautious not to put the info on Blast until it comes from a more reliable source. I did get to hear Feldman's most recent stockholder's conference call in which there was mention of having found a replacement for Dillards, but the name was not spoken. This may be the answer we've been waiting for. And like you, I think people would converge from GA and AL to shop here. The fishing is good in this area, this store would do well! ^_^

I saw a Bass Pro shop vehicle park-outside and I think Poonther even mentioned something about it as well here while back?

I spew a lot of excrement in these threads, but I can't take credit for that one. It was not me.....but boy oh boy how I hope you guys are right about this. Just the shot of adrenaline Tally Mall and North Monroe needs!

Has Dillard's left the building?

FL how did you manage to be able to listen to a Feldman stockholder's conference call? Or is that one of those "If I tell you how, I'll have to kill you" answers? But they did mention in that call finding a replacement for Dillard's???

I spew a lot of excrement in these threads, but I can't take credit for that one. It was not me.....but boy oh boy how I hope you guys are right about this. Just the shot of adrenaline Tally Mall and North Monroe needs!

Has Dillard's left the building?

FL how did you manage to be able to listen to a Feldman stockholder's conference call? Or is that one of those "If I tell you how, I'll have to kill you" answers? But they did mention in that call finding a replacement for Dillard's???

Dillards is still there.

You can listen to Feldman's Conference Calls from their website. They did specifically mention Tallahassee Mall and the Dillards situation, and the words were somewhere along the lines of, "we're not ready to release details at this time because the enemy may be listening".

Tallahassee Mall: UP{sodEmoji.|}Talk

RUMOR! RUMOR! RUMOR!

A co-worker who says he has a friend in Management with the Tallahassee Mall says that a Bass Pro Shop will be replacing Dillards. This is unconfirmed, so if it's not true... you didn't hear it from me!!! :ph34r:

Poonther is right, that would be a huge boost to the area. You should see the folks up here with their new Cabella's, you would think it's Christmas everyday!

Given the other Bass Pro Shops I've been to, it would take a significant amount of redevelopment to that store/parking lot to make it work. But, I have seen it done. The nearest area of civilization to my former college had a dying mall (Fingerlakes Mall, Auburn NY) that was single-handedly revived by the opening of Bass Pro and they made some amazing alterations to the existing structure to make it all work.

post-17695-1200626285_thumb.jpg

Poonther is right, that would be a huge boost to the area. You should see the folks up here with their new Cabella's, you would think it's Christmas everyday!

Given the other Bass Pro Shops I've been to, it would take a significant amount of redevelopment to that store/parking lot to make it work. But, I have seen it done. The nearest area of civilization to my former college had a dying mall (Fingerlakes Mall, Auburn NY) that was single-handedly revived by the opening of Bass Pro and they made some amazing alterations to the existing structure to make it all work.

post-17695-1200626285_thumb.jpg

So you went to Wells. As for the Fingerlakes Example, the mall went from the mall that time forgot to being 100% occupied inside of a couple of years, plus a new hotel was built next door and a power center with a Target and some of the other stores we've come to expect across the street. While there might not be enough space along Monroe for some of this to happen, the potential for reinvestment along the corridor would be high.

So you went to Wells. As for the Fingerlakes Example, the mall went from the mall that time forgot to being 100% occupied inside of a couple of years, plus a new hotel was built next door and a power center with a Target and some of the other stores we've come to expect across the street. While there might not be enough space along Monroe for some of this to happen, the potential for reinvestment along the corridor would be high.

Indeed I did. Most days I wish I could go back. Bass Pro didn't open until the year before I graduated, but within that year the mall had made almost a complete turn-around. It is very good to see that the progress continued, Auburn certainly needed it. And it gives me hope that the same could hold true for Tallahassee.

I don't see it mentioned on this thread, but the other day one of the employees ringing me up was asked if the store was moving by another customer in line. She replied that they were moving to the new lifestyle center which will open some by 2010. She also said that all the full time Dillards employees were transferred to the Governor's Square location, leaving only a skeleton crew. Also of note, all shirts (mens/womens) are now selling for $5.00.

I asked 5 different store employees at 5 different stores if they have heard anything about a Bass Pro Shops coming to Tallahassee Mall this weekend. They all seemed to say the same thing, that there was serious buzz around the mall, especially from store management that this may be true....

I asked 5 different store employees at 5 different stores if they have heard anything about a Bass Pro Shops coming to Tallahassee Mall this weekend. They all seemed to say the same thing, that there was serious buzz around the mall, especially from store management that this may be true....

CHing!, a gator is good for somethin.

• 3 weeks later...

Moore: Growth Management may Delay Construction of New Mall

bigattractionha3.jpg

But like any good capitalist, he's always thinking about the bottom line. He built the banquet room and two smaller conference rooms to add income to the museum because tickets alone don't even pay the utility bill. And he created the new museum as an advertisement: He and a Birmingham company plan to build an upscale outdoor mall on the 200-acre site at I-10 and U.S. 90.

"I (built the new museum) to help generate interest in this corner," Moore said. "I'm also trying to give back to the community. The community has been good to me."

Moore remains irritated with government bureaucracy. He built the state's largest private solar-power generator (50 kilowatts) at the new museum

I do appreciate DeVoe investing in our community. However someone w/his history of spreading ugliness in the form of lackluster buildings all over town, he's someone that does not need carte blanche when permitting new construction. Our permitting process absolutely needs to be improved for efficiency, but it doesn't need to be devoid of checks and balances that I'm sure DeVoe wants.

From what my co-workers at DCA have told me about me about Devoe's project, it's in trouble.

Here at DEP where I work, many people believe his project to be in trouble simply because it involves the words DeVoe Moore. Can you elaborate on what your co-workers have said? Thus far, there are concerns over the fact that he's gone ahead with the infrastructure w/o approval from a permitting entity. I say, let the man invest!

Here at DEP where I work, many people believe his project to be in trouble simply because it involves the words DeVoe Moore. Can you elaborate on what your co-workers have said? Thus far, there are concerns over the fact that he's gone ahead with the infrastructure w/o approval from a permitting entity. I say, let the man invest!

That's all they said; didn't go into details. I'm not working on the project either........I do work in SW and NE Florida. I could probably find out who the planner is for Pinnacle.

That said, I don't like how the project fronts I-10. I'd rather it front Mahan. Driving by on Mahan, you'd probably think it was just another small strip mall. I also don't like how it's so linear - it's going to discourage walking if anything. Nobody's going to want to walk from the theater to the stores at the other end.

Archived