Malls

Florida

Tallahassee Malls  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which Mall do you currently shop most?

• Governor's Square Mall
    • Tallahassee Mall
    • Both about the Same
  2. 2. How would you rate the Governor's Square Mall?

• Excellent
    • Good
    • OK
    • Sub-Quality
    • Poor
  3. 3. How would you rate the Tallahassee Mall?

• Excellent
    • Good
    • OK
    • Sub-Quality
    • Poor
  4. 4. Do you think the pending Pinnacle at Cross Creek mall is a threat to any of the following Malls?

• Governor's Square
    • Tallahassee Mall

Thanks for the UPdate JBarber. This is very sad news. But I'm encouraged to hear that they will remain in the market at the new Mall. I'd love to know what Feldman is doing about this.

i dont think Tally Mall will die, especially with the renovations planned.

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tallahassee Mall needs higher quality stores if it wants to come back. People need a reason to shop there. And while the renovation plans are great, the mall can be beautiful and still offer few quality stores.

Who are the Anchor's remaining at the Tallahassee Mall:

Belk

AMC Theatres

Burlington Coat Factory ♣

Goody's Family Clothing ♣

♣ = Non-Traditional Department Store

Belk alone cannot hold up the Tallahassee Mall, and the AMC Theatre attracts movie goers, not necessarily shoppers. So unless that can surround the theater with stores that could cater to its patrons, such as the Cold Stone Creamery basically creating a mini-food court in that area of the mall... there is little benefit in being located in that wing of the mall. There should be a Yankee Candle, Jewelry Store, Victoria's Secret, Hallmark Store in the area around Belk to replace the Military Recruitment shops. They should give another try at a arcade similar to Q-Zar (only much smaller than the previous) where there is now a long blank wall adjacent to the FORMER location of Garfield's.

Tallahassee Mall should continue to move stores around, even if it means leaving two wings of the mall unoccupied. Everything from Dillards to Goody's could be moved around in that mall to fill empty spaces in the stretch from Monroe Entrance to Belk. The Monroe Street wings could be cut-off from the mall allowing Feldman an opportunity to do create somewhat of a hybrid mall, with this side of the mall serving as a Lifestyle/Strip center complete with stores such as Ross, Goody's, Shoe Carnival, Barnes & Noble, Oshman's, Guitar Store and the pending Panera Bread Company. If they're not going to renovate they need to come up with a more creative way to hold space (Governor's Square Mall does an excellent job at this) until a new tenant comes along. Feldman has had ownership of the Tallahassee Mall for 5 years and has done little to improve it. It seems this wouldn't be a difficult remodel, but it is going to take some money. I'm just praying they (Feldman) aren't the "slum lord" types.

^Good points FL! I've always thought that Tally Mall should try and be more of an entertainment center mall and leave the "high fashion" stores to the Disco Mall and all the new stuff coming out East. It's a damn shame they could not land Bass Pro. That would have pumped up the Mall and the North Monroe Corridor.

Sad to hear about The Gap leaving Tally Mall. Hopefully others in that area of the mall won't flee too. The Gap really isn't doing so well financially and they certainly aren't the strong retailer like they were in the 90's. They seem to have lost their niche in the market thanks to all the other stores that have copied their strategy and are acting doing better... like A/F, Hollister, etc.

Any date on when Panera will be opening up in Tally Mall?

^Good points FL! I've always thought that Tally Mall should try and be more of an entertainment center mall and leave the "high fashion" stores to the Disco Mall and all the new stuff coming out East. It's a damn shame they could not land Bass Pro. That would have pumped up the Mall and the North Monroe Corridor.

Sad to hear about The Gap leaving Tally Mall. Hopefully others in that area of the mall won't flee too.

To quote a movie line, "I gotta bad feeling about this."

O.K. I was born and raised most of my life in Tallahasse and know both malls well. Finding out the Tallahassee Mall was bought out by another company is a good thing, the former owners ran the mall to the ground. One such aspect I read earlier was the closing of Q Zar. Yes the corporation in the U.S. filed bankruptcy and closed many stores. Well the only reason it closed in the Mall was due to the owners hiking the rental space astronomically. When we reopened as Tilt there was some hot water with using the old logos so we became Tilt Tag.Then the rent got too high and we said a few colorful words and closed. The equipment sat inside the arena for several years before I cleaned it out and decided upon opening one up here in Pennsylvania now sometime in 2006. I hope the best for the mall with new owners, but we all know dirty laundry takes a while to clean up. And I read also some used the name Rex, good lord how long ago were you in Tallahassee?? the old Woolco building was renovated to a Service Merchandise in early 90s until it also closed and became 2 stores: Goodys and a seasonal shop.As for after Woolco closed I only remember Zayre and Ames holding the spot before Service Merchandise so Rex??? I dunno. The most aggravating removal the mall ever suffered was Walgreens Cafe, that place rocked.The center fountain was sad to go but had alot of problems in the 80s so went bye bye. I plan a trip to Tally in late Feb to see if any newer changes have happened but for now, we shall see. By the way if a new owner happens to read this, I would gladly return and open the Q Zar again, I still have 40 vests and the equipment to run one, just dont need the downstairs part it was an nuisance in the first place.I know the upstairs has partial renovations already but what was there when I last saw is fine by me.

Does anyone think we should forward this to Feldman?

UPdate {sodEmoji.|} Tallahassee Mall

Feldman has said in recent conference calls that it will consider selling asset(s) in one-off transactions as well. Moore said, "The buyers, whether they're portfolio buyers or one-off buyers, are just not really out there at the moment and it's hard to get financing."

Moore believes Feldman wants to sell the whole company as soon as possible. "If they're not selling, it means they have no buyer. They want to sell it to someone with a bigger portfolio who can leverage their size. Ultimately, I think Inland will own Feldman," said Moore.

Source: CoStar Group

UPdate {sodEmoji.|} Tallahassee Mall

Key investor in Feldman Mall Properties says company isn't looking out for shareholders

Feldman Mall Properties Inc., owner of [Tallahassee Mall], is once again facing criticism from one of its stockholders.

James W. Sight, who owns 850,000 shares of Feldman stock, or about 6.5 percent of the outstanding shares, said in a letter that "it is apparent that the current board of directors is incapable of managing the company for the benefit of its shareholders."

The observation was based on the fact that the board has yet to act, after several months, on such issues as new tenant leasing, strategic alternatives on raising stockholder value, and a plan to buy back stock, Sight said in the letter, which was filed Tuesday with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.

"The current outside directors own approximately 9,000 total shares, and are totally disconnected from the economics of ownership," he wrote. "It appears that the current outside directors are more interested in the compensation they received for serving on the company's board than whether or not the company is run for the benefit of its shareholders."

Source/More: TU

So the rumors continue to Swirl... Everybody I know has told me they hear Tallahassee Mall is closing.....

We know this isn't true atleast in the short term.....

I would invite everyone to visit the parent company that owns Tallahassee Mall..

Feldmanmall.com

The Slogan on their website is "Moving Malls to the Head of the Class"

They also showcase many of their remodeling success stories on the front page....

Flip through some of the malls, They all look way better than Tallahassee Mall...

I can only hope that they plan to renovate Tallahassee Mall to make it look like some of there more upscale properties featured on the website.

Ill take a stab at RRM.... Redneck Rumor Mill?

Absolutely!

And for the record, I'm not calling you a redneck or even the person/people that told you that info. It's just my pet name for the gossip that spreads through this town like wildfire!

Absolutely!

And for the record, I'm not calling you a redneck or even the person/people that told you that info. It's just my pet name for the gossip that spreads through this town like wildfire!

Yea no one told me, i just guessed..

the name seems to be appropriate enough.... though I am sort of sad that My elevator shaft of glory no longer is alone and glorious.

^TD we'll need to ride that shaft of glory once it's operable. Hopefully that will make you feel a little better.

haha, Yea one day ill stroll in and act like I have business on the 5th floor.. Then once inside the elevator I will rejoice.

Archived