Atlanta better then Charlotte?

I was in the Georgia thread the other day and they were talking about the people in Charlotte. First off they were saying that Buckhead has a bigger aand better skyline then Charlotte. They also said that Charlotte people brag to much about Charlotte. I am from Atlanta so I have been to Buckhead a lot. But I think that one day South Park will be the same as Buckhead. South Park is already more upscale. What do you guys think.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was in the Georgia thread the other day and they were talking about the people in Charlotte. First off they were saying that Buckhead has a bigger aand better skyline then Charlotte. They also said that Charlotte people brag to much about Charlotte. I am from Atlanta so I have been to Buckhead a lot. But I think that one day South Park will be the same as Buckhead. South Park is already more upscale. What do you guys think.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Pot and Kettle. If I had a penny for each time some illiterate Atlanta booster hammered a thread with sensational nonsense, I would be quite wealthy today. Fortunately this seems to happen more often on other forums--people here (except for a few) are more level headed, and most actually possess decent reading comprehension.

Also skylines are nice and all, but their effect on urbanity is very minor. Look at Washington DC! And if these people are comparing uptown Charlotte to Buckhead--rest assured that uptown Charlotte is actually quite urban and cannot be compared to suburban Buckhead.

I agree that South Park and Buckhead carry some similar themes. I doubt South Park will ever house anything taller than 20-ish stories. I believe most of the additional development in South Park will be shorter buildings (similar to what is already there).

Like you, I think parts of South Park are more upscale than Buckhead. It is hard to predict if it will remain that way or if either place will improve/decline in time.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I wish I had a dollar for every time I've run into silly Atlanta boosterism on these forums. The fact that the self proclaimed "capital of the South" is so fascinated in what is going on in Charlotte is an indication to me they know what their own failures are and see that Charlotte isn't repeating them. The "city that is too busy to hate" really needs to focus on its racism, crime and sprawl rather than be focused on Charlotte.

Let me first apologize for that ignorant Atlanta forumer. You can check the thread, more than a few of us Atlanta forumers called him out.

I haven't spent a lot of time in South Park, but I have spent a good bit of time in Uptown Charlotte. A can definitely say the feel and the look of both the street level and the Skyline are very different. The height Charlotte has alone, in my mind, makes it stand out above Buckhead.

Hopefully Charlotte continues to have the success it has been have (along with Atlanta) and hold onto one idiots comments.

Archived