Downtown Art

RestedTraveler

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They've toned down the fire hydrant fountain some. I guess the mist was too much. But it's still spraying significantly higher than before and looks great.

As of Friday afternoon the fountain at the fire hydrant had quit again. This morning it had not started back yet.

• 3 weeks later...

The other day I saw the first installation of art inside the glassed-in level of the Meridian parking garage in Columbia. It is a colorful arrangement of fish. It looks like an aquarium. It is really pretty. Each glassed-in section will have an art installation. So far, so good. Check it out.

The other day I saw the first installation of art inside the glassed-in level of the Meridian parking garage in Columbia. It is a colorful arrangement of fish. It looks like an aquarium. It is really pretty. Each glassed-in section will have an art installation. So far, so good. Check it out.

• 1 month later...

In its 10th year of publication, Carolina Arts magazine (published in Bonneau, SC) reports in its current issue that two paintings derived from the Commedia dell'Arte by Magnasco, an unusual 18th century artist, are going to be shown together for the first time in South Carolina at the Columbia Museum of Art in the heart of downtown. The magazine calls the museum "South Carolina's premier international art museum with extraordinary collections of European and American fine and decorative art that spans centuries." The museum, the article says, is "a sleek and airy, light-filled space with 25 galleries." Y'all come.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I enjoy this thread and I'd say it's about time to update it. These are things that make our cities/downtowns unique and interesting. I think Columbia has a new fountain/sculpture thing under construction. Any updates there? Also, Greenville has a new piece on Stone Ave. Can someone with a picture post it?

I enjoy this thread and I'd say it's about time to update it. These are things that make our cities/downtowns unique and interesting. I think Columbia has a new fountain/sculpture thing under construction. Any updates there? Also, Greenville has a new piece on Stone Ave. Can someone with a picture post it?

• 7 months later...

Did anyone else know that downtown Greenville was getting another mouse on Main? Greenville Daily Photo posted a picture of the newest addition. You can check it out HERE

Apparently this is mouse number 10. Based on the hint he gave, I assume the Mouse stands with Nathaniel Greene at the corner of Main and Broad Streets.

Great shot!

That building is called the Palmetto Building (the brick one to the left). It has been apartments for the longest time... but it seems like they were being converted to condos recently. I'm not sure what ever happened to be honest :)

Archived