What's your occupation?

tiger23

I want to buy an UP shirt in the site store, and wear it whenever I go wandering around the CBD.  Who knows, maybe I'll randomly appear in the background of one of Lakelander's photo threads or something...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

To be honest, when I was taking photos this afternoon and thinking about posting them, I wondered if anyone would later reply with something like, "hey I saw a girl walking on the top floor of the parking garage..." I think I've been away from Macs, InDesign, Photoshop and fine-point red Sharpies too long.

I like the secret handshake idea. :thumbsup:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vic, have you moved to Jax or are you still in G-ville?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am still in G-ville currently.

I currently have a two-prong approach to getting a job in Jax, so that I can finally make the move to the Bold New City of The South, where Florida begins.

The first way is the normal way of sending out resumes to area companies. Additionally, my current employer was recently bought by IBM. There is a lot of transitioning and right-sizing going on. I am currently undergoing training for a position that has strong potential to telecommute. I hope to parlay that into a telecommute from Jax instead of Gville. There are also other positions within IBM that allow you to live in any city. One of those may be an option as well.

Professionally, I have many years of experience as a Mainframe computer programmer and IT Project Manager. However, as many have already mentioned, I too would like to make a career change to something in the real estate arena.

I currently have a R.E. investment in Jax, and I am on the verge of making more such investments.

Any advise from the forumers already in real estate, to us wanna-bes on how to make a full-time job of it, instead of just a side venture? Any comments are most appreciated. Also, any tips on local job openings would be greatly appreciated as well, not to mention a sizeable kickback ;)

I am still in G-ville currently. 

I currently have a two-prong approach to getting a job in Jax, so that I can finally make the move to the Bold New City of The South, where Florida begins.

The first way is the normal way of sending out resumes to area companies.  Additionally, my current employer was recently bought by IBM.  There is a lot of transitioning and right-sizing going on.  I am currently undergoing training for a position that has strong potential to telecommute.  I hope to parlay that into a telecommute from Jax instead of Gville.  There are also other positions within IBM that allow you to live in any city.  One of those may be an option as well.

Professionally, I have many years of experience as a Mainframe computer programmer and IT Project Manager.  However, as many have already mentioned, I too would like to make a career change to something in the real estate arena. 

I currently have a R.E. investment in Jax, and I am on the verge of making more such investments. 

Any advise from the forumers already in real estate, to us wanna-bes on how to make a full-time job of it, instead of just a side venture?  Any comments are most appreciated.  Also, any tips on local job openings would be greatly appreciated as well, not to mention a sizeable kickback  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, wish you had sales experience. I am looking for a salesperson with embedded software experience. If you know of anyone, they can email me at [email protected]. I too am playing in the real estate market, but not full time per se. Good luck in your quest. If you find any hot RE that you need a partner, shoot me an email.

Well, wish you had sales experience. I am looking for a salesperson with embedded software experience. If you know of anyone, they can email me at [email protected]. I too am playing in the real estate market, but not full time per se. Good luck in your quest. If you find any hot RE that you need a partner, shoot me an email.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

and if you need a designer for any of your real estate, give me a holler, my business partner and I are looking to team up with people to get some quality design in jacksonville.

On that note, I am a structural engineer who is offering his services to anyone who needs them, at least in the building design arena (avoiding the whole anti moonlighting clause in the contract - I do bridges now).

The last structural building deisgn that I did was the new Ritz Theater.

We should all team up and do something good in this town of stucco and dryvit. What ever happened to brick and stone?

On that note, I am a structural engineer who is offering his services to anyone who needs them, at least in the building design arena (avoiding the whole anti moonlighting clause in the contract - I do bridges now).

The last structural building deisgn that I did was the new Ritz Theater.

We should all team up and do something good in this town of stucco and dryvit.  What ever happened to brick and stone?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i bring no skills other than negotiation and capital...but i would be game.

Thats what I'm saying... Too much stucco, too much styrofoam! By doing something good, I mean using real materials, block, brick etc.

In the real estate business capital is a very very desired skill!

It might be interesting. Anyone have some downtown property that needs a building designed?

Archived