Tampa Trump Tower question

bsutter2

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone know when the construction for it is going to start / projected to finish?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was just down there today. Still nothing going on. There was some kind of archaeoligical issue holding it up. They may find indian artifacts on that land. I think when they built the hockey arena they found indian relics and it made the news. Right now there is just a sign with the Trump name on the land. There were sticks in the ground with black banner around it. The land had cars parked on it. Do you live near Tampa? Anyway, it's still difficult to imagine that Trump monolith sitting there. It will be interesting to see how they start building it since it is right on the river. It will be great when they get the river walk going through there and you can walk right by the building. I live in Carrollwood and usually drive down there and to Bayshore, Harbor Island & Channelside at least once a month just to see how all the projects are coming along. If you need any more info about those places, I can tell you the status.

wud up brad,

Its rumored that Trump Tower Tampa might be one of the projects offered to the winner of the Apprentice.  So watch the season finale may 12 at 9

ps

USF for life

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually I could care less who lives in the tower. I'm sure they will be a bucnh of rich snobs. They probably will have no use for downtown or Ybor. Most of their entertainment will probably be within the building itself. I mean there will probably be fancy parties inside the building and only "certain" people are invited. The only thing I like about TTT is the way it will alter the Tampa skyline. That's just my opinion and opinions are like assholes.....everybody has one.

Actually I could care less who lives in the tower.  I'm sure they will be a bucnh of rich snobs.  They probably will have no use for downtown or Ybor.  Most of their entertainment will probably be within the building itself.  I mean there will probably be fancy parties inside the building and only "certain" people are invited.  The only thing I like about TTT is the way it will alter the Tampa skyline.  That's just my opinion and opinions are like assholes.....everybody has one.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Have you looked at the plans for the building? They are funny! It has a small pool area and has a great view of the cross town expr. I couldn't imagine spending a million on a condo with a tiny pool and small common areas!

Have you looked at the plans for the building?  They are funny!  It has a small pool area and has a great view of the cross town expr.  I couldn't imagine spending a million on a condo with a tiny pool and small common areas!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes I've been to the website and seen all the renerings but have not looked at the floorplans. I have been inside the office buiding on Ashley on the 42nd floor and looked down at the Hillsborough river from that far up and it looks like it's drawn in with a color pencil. I'm not so sure the views in TTT wiil be all that spectacular. If other huge condo's get built around the area where Four Seasons is supposed to be, then maybe that will be the view, but as for waterfront views, I'm not so sure.

They started (and finished) clearing the southern half of the site of all trees and groundcover today. This is in advance of the archaeological excavation due to begin there shortly. The northern portion is still parking for the little office building next door; I guess the theory goes that if they don't find any artifacts under the southern half, there won't be any under the northern half. (Well, that and the office building's tenants are a little ticked about losing their parking lot.)

Still, the fact that they've cleared the site at least means the project is moving forward.

They started (and finished) clearing the southern half of the site of all trees and groundcover today.  This is in advance of the archaeological excavation due to begin there shortly.  The northern portion is still parking for the little office building next door; I guess the theory goes that if they don't find any artifacts under the southern half, there won't be any under the northern half.  (Well, that and the office building's tenants are a little ticked about losing their parking lot.)

Still, the fact that they've cleared the site at least means the project is moving forward.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Since it's such a small piece of land, you'd think that it wouldn't take very long to do all the excavation. Does anybody know what will happen if they do find indian items? Another thing that could delay the process is our crapty weather here. Luckily we have not had as much rain as last year and 03. Does anybody have any updates on the Four Seasons?

Since it's such a small piece of land, you'd think that it wouldn't take very long to do all the excavation.  Does anybody know what will happen if they do find indian items?  Another thing that could delay the process is our crapty weather here.  Luckily we have not had as much rain as last year and 03.  Does anybody have any updates on the Four Seasons?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thanks to thehappysmith for the information and thanks to all who have the facts and actual status of all these projects here. I was making opinions only by what I have seen. There is a political process and a method to the madness. Drove by the Trump site again recently & yes the trees and bushes have been removed. The whole plot of land looks naked now. It's getting closer to groundbreaking. I can just picture the mayor and the Donlad getting there pictures taken with the hard hats and shovels. As for the comment I made about Ashley Drive, it is bumpy going north toward the interstate between about Kennedy to Cass. The southbound lanes aren't too bad.

Archived