The Tennyson

Florida

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ You know dude... looking at this other picture it does look like it could be a parking garage! Imagine that!! Maybe its a little "car scoop" for people to ease into to drop someone off at the front door or something. Who knows! Check the picture below to see if it gives you a better idea.

I do think, however, once it is built it will appear to mesh a bit better with its surroundings and seem more warm and inviting.

Tennyson.jpg

5-15-05 CONSTRUCTION PROGRESS UPDATE

Looks like they've gotten this one up to the 9th level. We're officially over halfway done with the frame.

Here's a picture as you approach it from the north, going South on Monroe. The building is now over the trees and nearly level with the one next to it.

70720772229.jpg

Here's a closer shot. It shows the building almost level with the Monroe-Park Tower Building / Hancock Bank Building.

70720739461.jpg

And I know this one is this one is terrible because of the angle it was taken from. But here you can count from ground up to see they are now working on the 9th floor.

70720624389.jpg

I believe this building's frame is now up to the 10th story. I've yet to check on this though... I've been out of town. But will be posting update soon. I've actually spoken to the developer, Sonny Granger, and will be meeting with him this week to talk a bit on this project.

UPDATE: May 26, 2005!!!!!!

Looks like they've gone beyond the 10th floor and are now preparing to pour the 11th. It seems everyweek now a new floor is being poured. I had a chance to speak with a member of the construction crew today who tells me the electrical, plumbing, and building efforts are being cordinated quite well. I sat around a while and watched as the crane lifted some heavy metal rods from the street to the 11th level of the building and I must say these people truly know what they are doing, I was in a childish awe.

Oh... BTW they are now working on the walls. See the 5th floor where they are now installing steel frames.

Anyhow... here are some shots I captured today on my tour.

72219469829_290.jpg

72219409285_290.jpg

72219286533_290.jpg

I've reduced the size of the picture to save room on the page.

Construction Update!! 6.4.5

This project is moving along at a well tuned pace. It seems everytime I pass they are up to a new level on this building. Here is where they were on this past rainy Saturday.

73928384005.jpg

I counted 11 high... they are working on the 12th.

Archived