The Tennyson

Florida

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The elevator will say 15, but the building will have 14 levels. Apparently the builder is supersticious and has skipped the "13th floor". That was a bit confusing to me.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

FYI, that is a very common practice throughout the US

The progress on this project continues to impress me. The building itself is now visable from Stadium Drive and Ocala both although only 11 Stories at this point. At completion of the next three stories its prominence will be obvious.

While its a blessing this is a National Tree City, its a shame they block the view of some of these lovely buildings from miles away. I guess this adds to the charm of the downtown area - its urban forestry.

Approaching the project going South on Monroe today this is what I saw... a nice tower beginning to take its place in the downtown sky. It became apparent to me that this building has nearly doubled in size since I began taking pictures eariler this summer.

75079625477_290_1.jpg

When I passed the building I shot around the corner and took a park at a metered spot for a second to get a shot of the progress. Looks like they are now preparing to pour the 12th floor of this building.

75079667077_290_1.jpg

Looking at the metal frames they began to put along the 5th, 6th, and 7th floors it seems as if progress on this is moving fast ahead as well.

75079735045_290_1.jpg

Two of the best views of downtown in tallahassee have got to be from atop the hill on FAMU's campus over the gaines corridor where you can see alot of the hillside office buildings hidden by the southernlyish slope. And also on Ocala and tennessee where they just turned the old "5-0" station into a Gondolfo's where you can see alot of the FSU developments and our aspiring resedential developments. If I had the technology i would capture that image... maybe if any one else is in the area- you might enjoy the view.

Two of the best views of downtown in tallahassee have got to be from atop the hill on FAMU's campus over the gaines corridor where you can see alot of the hillside office buildings hidden by the southernlyish slope. And also on Ocala and tennessee where they just turned the old "5-0" station into a Gondolfo's where you can see alot of the FSU developments and our aspiring resedential developments.  If I had the technology i would capture that image...  maybe if any one else is in the area- you might enjoy the view.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I wish I had a camera too! There are a lot of spots where you can see the hidden skyline of our city.

I wish I had a camera too! There are a lot of spots  where you can see the hidden skyline of our city.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

last year i was giving a tour of our city to a German foriegn Exchange student, leaving the airport she was shy, i looped around to cap cir SW and took pensicola toward downtown and the view from stadium of fsu and downtown she descriped as beautiful surprise. Passing through downtown she was wide eyed and enthralled by the way our city "sprouts through the trees" and every turn she was excited to see what was next. that really reminded me how nice it is here.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh thats cool... I've actually got the day off... I can run out and snap a few new shots... I hope I see progress on this site and at Tallahassee Center worth us talking about. BCOM may still be preping for their ground breaking also... I'll get a shot of that... and I'll shoot the site slated for the College Park condos and if possible see if I can get a rendering for us.

No activity to report for the BCOM site this visit. But I got a good shot or two of the Tennyson to share...

The building is almost there. We are now on the 12th level, looking to pour the 13th sometime soon, and the final level should be completed two weeks from now if they continue at current pace.

Looking South on Monroe:

DS2_0096.jpg

From the street bench across the street:

DS2_0091.jpg

First Notice of Front Wall:

DS2_0092.jpg

Looking South on Monroe:

DS2_0096.jpg

In your first pic TaureanJ, does that little building have any retail shops, and if it don't will it?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That little building used to be a Law office. I think Tennyson might have purchased it. It WOULD make good retail space. I could see a market grocer store there.

I saw on one of the city websites that the tennyson was looking to have a resteraunt permit for what was described as that corner... i dont know if they were planning on using that building, or if they were talking about that corner of the ground floor... for somereason you guys find this kinda things out alot easier than i can

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

According to Granger, they have secured onsite retail for their available space. He's protecting the identity of the vendors until deals are closed. If they are going to use the additional building, which I am unsure of, the current permit doesn't affect its usage.

I saw on one of the city websites that the tennyson was looking to have a resteraunt permit for what was described as that corner... i dont know if they were planning on using that building, or if they were talking about that corner of the ground floor... for somereason you guys find this kinda things out alot easier than i can

Archived