The Tennyson

Florida

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"You down w/O P P?"

Ah forget it, you're too young. :)

Not fan of graffiti here unless maybe it's in an old abandoned industrial area, but definitely not on something new like the Tennyson. I do really enjoy murals and think this town needs more of them. I suggested a mural for The Warehouse (the bar/pub) on Gaines..there's a huge blank canvas of a wall there right next to and parallel to the road, but the Get Gaines Going gang wasn't too receptive.

• 2 months later...
I can't believe they were permitted to build some retail w/out providing on-site parking for it. The Code should address issues like this, but I guess it doesn't. I understand they probably used on-street parking for their counts, but there should have been SOME internal retail parking required. We see what happens when it is not addressed.

I moved it to this thread so we didn't get off topic in the other thread. My thinking, Poonther, is that they probably have enough shopping for a small retail operation, but not nearly enough to support a restaurant. Is there a chance that developer was able to convince planners that residents will be main patrons for ground floor operation?

There is a lot of on-street parking around the Tennyson. The spots on Monroe are tough to get in and out of, but there is abundant parking along Call/Calhoun and Park South of Monroe. I'm a little surprised parking is the deal breaker b/c there are a few successful restaurants downtown that only have on-street parking: Jasmine and Urbane just to name a few.

Oh you're welcome Poonther! ^_^

I'm not sure if the on-street parking still exists around the Tennyson. I'm going to go over there today and attempt to park on the street in front of the building.

As far as Jasmines and Urbane they both have the benefit of being near significantly more public parking areas within a short walking distance. Urbane has the Park Avenue and Adams Street Metered Spaces it can rely on. Jasmines isn't far from either public parking garage, and also has the benefit of College Avenue on-street parking, as well as portions of Adams.

Archived