The Tennyson

Florida

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ I share your opinions! From my last visit it had one or two more levels to go before the frame would be complete. I will have lighting according to the plans, but Im not sure if those lights will be visable on all sides of the building, or just from Monroe.

About 2 days ago I went out all the way down Mahan drive near Buck Lake Rd. When coming back down Mahan I was really hoping to see the tennyson. Unfortunately I couldn't see it. The only 2 buildings I saw was the capitol and the highpoint center. It would be nice to see some more developments. It would really add to the effect of driving up hilly mahan and seeing a nice skyline.

Yeah yeah yeah!! But going with what you just said above... I'd love to see a blue glass building take rise over the sky near the capital somewhere... the current bank of America building that the county owns sits in a good location for one. So too does any other under utilized building between Tennyson and Capitol along monroe.

I believe that the plaza tower will be visable from most of our favorite vantage points- especially the view from mahan... you can see downtown tallahassee from as far as bucklake rd, but alot of trees will blcok the n monroe buildings. infill around the capital building and in front and behind (the county owns the bank of america building....wow) will make significant improvements to the "skyline"

Once the crane is up we will have a much better feel for not only how tall, but where it is going to stick up... you can see the gameday crane, and i try to guess from that (wherever you can see them). but really, i thought that construction was starting on the PT early this month?

^Yeah... that brings to mind the thought that they should work on a way to light up the downtown. It seems the only building looking to be seen at night is that ugly round 12 story Holiday Inn on Tennessee Street that can't keep all of its lights working at the same time. It would be nice if our building had peaks or rooftops with light features.

Yeah... and part of that is due to the fact that we have so many dad-gummed trees! Do you know there are virtually no lights along Old Bainbridge, Miccosukee, Mahan outside of Capital Circle, Thomasville could use more lighting going to the GA line, and Capital Circle SE could use a little lighting... not for the sake of being see from space, but for the safety of travlers. Say for some reason we were stranded on any of these roads and our lights didn't work a person would be out of luck and left at the mercy of human eating animals!!

i had a blowout on appalachee about 1 mile past conner blvd. i being a mere lad of 18 at the time, had no flashlight. i had to change my tire in the cold dark january danger of appalachee pkwy... cars going by at 70+ so you know that noone was going to help me...

I want the capital building to be fixed. i say fixed, because in the seventies, a tall building was enough, now, that building is not that tall, and it is anything but pretty. If it is supposed to look like some kinda classical column, well then they did a great job. but all those classic columns used to hold up even more impressive roofs... the capital building is a stump if anything... how hard would it be to have some redesign of our falic symbol to include some spire or lighted rooftop that really screamed out..."Your in the capital city... no, leave and never forget it!"

I hope our new developments look into some colorful nighttime mood lighting or else, the later part of our "18" hour days, will be dark... get it :rofl:

Archived