The Tennyson

Florida

I truly dig the concept of resdesigning the capitol rooftop. Wouldn't it be cool to have an Orange drop on New Years day at the Capitol? All of Florida could come. Maybe they can chizzle some detail into the building or put blue tint on the brown tinted windows.

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ORANGE IDEA IS GREAT!!! so many agencies could profit from that... but keep it quiet, or else the miami forum might steal the idea... i think that a grand orange drop would be awsome, we could start the fun on the new plaza at adams...lol. you should tell the people at FLAUSA or something. that would be a great gimmick.... new years without the blistering new york times square cold!

thanks man... Im glad you like that. You know GA does a Peach Drop in Atlanta, and I couldn't help but think of how great it would be to coordinate something like this with something like the Celebrate America fireworks show that the City puts on every year. People could crowd downtown on Apalachee Parkway to view. It would be a great show.

DowntownParade.jpg

What happens when a Frog parks illegally????

He gets Toad!!! WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME TOAD305!!! We're very happy you have you here on Urban Planet. Nothing is better than someone who brings in new info on some of these projects and this you've already done. Thanks for this by the way... I'll get busy trying to figure out more on this restaurant.

What happens when a Frog parks illegally????

He gets Toad!!! WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME TOAD305!!! We're very happy you have you here on Urban Planet. Nothing is better than someone who brings in new info on some of these projects and this you've already done. Thanks for this by the way... I'll get busy trying to figure out more on this restaurant.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for the welcome.... I dont know how I found this site but it's pretty cool. I've learned a great deal about future projects from just one day on this board.

^Thats what we're here for buddy... you keep us up and we'll keep you up. How excited are you about all of the condos going up downtown.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's definately pretty cool for a small town like Tallahassee.... However I do think they are over pricing all of them. Being from Miami I've noticed that there is little difference in what they are pricing pre-construction's for from up here to down there with the exception of some of the high end lux. projects along Miami Beach... There is no reason why a 1-bedroom condo should be any more than $190,000 in Tallahassee. But hey ... if they are getting the buyers then go for it !!

what percent do think are prospectors with enough to front the deposit? i read na article with percentage rates for florida being about 85 percent prospector purchasing. that would not be good. I would like to think that at least 80 percent would be permanent residence with commercial businesss for downtown, not people hoping to rent them out and such.

what percent do think are prospectors with enough to front the deposit? i read na article with percentage rates for florida being about 85 percent prospector purchasing.  that would not be good.  I would like to think that at least 80 percent would be permanent residence with commercial businesss for downtown, not people hoping to rent them out and such.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The Wall Street Journal listed the top 10 cities in the US with the highest 'investor' purchsers of homes by percentage. Tallahasee made the list. This can be a sign of a possible bubble in the market. But so far, Tally is booming. I just don't see how it is sustained without jobs frankly.

WOW... we made a Top 10 that did not involve trees? hehe.. that is a very scary thought though... nothing could be worse for downtown. I hope that people in high positions have true enough data to make wise decisions. i dont know the system well, but those people have to most to lose so at this point i will still trust our leaders to make the appropriate decisions. Maybe the suburbs will empty out... ha

Same was feared in Southwood, as far as flip purchases, but in looking at the way that community is growing my fears of a repeat downtown are relieved. I truly believe there is a genuine desire for many people to live downtown, especially those involved with the state legislature, and those who practice law and need to be closer to the Supreme Court and Courts of Appeal.

Without Jobs Tallahassee is sustaining itself as a front porch Retirement City. Quite frankly, Im not surprised, seeing as we are one of the cleanest cities in the nation... even our rough spots don't look bad compared to many other places throughout the state and country. When the dust settles those buildings will be filled with happy, residents.

Furthermore, I'm pleased we've made this list. It says one of two things to me. One, Tallahassee has reached a point where it has become one of the nations 10 hot-beds for development interest (someone other than ourselves see potential in Florida's Capital City) another thing, this will provide for a more promising relief from rising home prices. Because if you think about it, these prospectors purchase their properties at pre-construction prices. The prices sharply rise after homes are sold. If no one purchases their lands quick enough they will reduce the prices on their properties to get rid of them, thereby softening the sharp upward pressure on the market. So its not all bad news. But like the one of you who said it, I'm surprised we made a national top ten list that didn't involve trees or colleges too.

Archived