The Tennyson

Florida

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^Totally feelin the thing with the polls. I honestly believe there are some cities on those polls that belong there no more than we do right now. I like the fact that our downtown is coming together so nicely. One thing thats most impressive to me about all of this is the interest the entire community is taking in what is going on. In going down to take pictures I see downtown workers on their lunch time strolls taking pictures with their phones, or stopping on the benches to look for a minute or two. People are excited and it shows.

From what I can see in the rendering the 14th floor is going to be a little taller than the others save the first. I guess one of the features of the Penthouse suites is Taller Ceilings. I also noticed today there is a connection with that smaller building next to it. I remember when they initially tore down the old library and they were clearing the site, they discovered an old store front type window on the adjacent building and I believe they tweaked the design of the Tennyson to exploit the historic charm of the building next door. So I won't instantly assume that link means the buildings will be connected, although thats a good posibility.

Exactly... I'm also hoping this is the site of a future small grocer market. I've pictured this as part of this project since it began. I could see myself going to a little Publix at the Tennyson... I say little because I believe we should have several small market stores scattered around the downtown.

Hey...can one of you guys get some pics of the updated tennyson and post it on here. I havent been in tally since may when classes got out and will not be returning until on or around Aug 20 and would like to see how much progress is being made. I know that thing is really going up fast!

yes, she is a bit taller than my expectations, I really hope that the skin makes her beautiful, because if not, we are going to have one heck of an eyesore.. hahaha. but i have faith that it wont be pink or anything. What a vantage point its residence will have for the springtime and festical of lights parades!

Archived