Gameday Center | Tallahassee

Florida

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It seems like there is alot of bracing inside the building, the tennyson was more "open" during construction. I am just getting to see these types of constructions, so i probably over compare sites. But I feel like the Tallahassee Center is smaller, and should be moving quicker. I mean, they didnt even have to build a garage, they just had to buy it.

Here's the latest Photo tour for the Tallahassee Gameday Center

As you will notice there are also some street shots included for your visual pleasure. These are to give a general idea of how traffic flows through the area and to show the project does indeed have sufficient infrastructure for its capacity.

This road would be one of those that could benifit from the Transit Oriented Development... or at least they could bring the trolley back!

DSCF0308.jpg

DSCF0307.jpg

DSCF0306.jpg

DSCF0305.jpg

DSCF0303.jpg

DSCF0302.jpg

DSCF0301.jpg

DSCF0300.jpg

DSCF0299.jpg

DSCF0298.jpg

DSCF0297.jpg

DSCF0296.jpg

DSCF0294.jpg

DSCF0293.jpg

DSCF0292.jpg

DSCF0291.jpg

The last little bit of green on Kleman, originally designated as the site for City Hall annex will remain green as part of an agreement settled in the New Kleman Plaza Master Plan, however some changes are proposed.

The property is supossed to be reshaped to place emphasis on the dolphin fountain at the Capitol and to allow for a new ampatheatre.

The last little bit of green on Kleman, originally designated as the site for City Hall annex will remain green as part of an agreement settled in the New Kleman Plaza Master Plan, however some changes are proposed.

The greens are supossed to be reshaped to place emphasis on the dolphin fountain at the Capitol and to allow for a new ampatheatre.

I think it would be fun to have a Garnet and Gold store as a part of this development... some place where we can purchase flags and tags and such!

I often wonder how the FAMU boosters will respond to this project... it would be nice to have a rival project in the downtown area for FAMU.

I was thinking about famu today, i had to deliver to S. Adams, and wouldnt the bridges into/out of downtown by adams make awsome shelter for an under the bridge equivelent to the downtwon marketplace? A weekly gathering of students and community.

The area between wanish and Lake bradeford (a Ridge) would make a nice highrise-ish site for a mini famu downtown. That could help the university grow.

it would be awsome for the all saints community and the gaines street corridor even. Walking distance, closer than the chain of parks. Parking would be difficult, but the chain of parks has none practically. Artist from RR Square and the universities getting exposure, live music, food. I think it is too perfect... call it the Shadow Market... "in the shadows of a great thing" ((dowtnown, not the roads))

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a look at the Gameday Center from Wescott at FSU.

Taken September 2, 2005

FromFSU.jpg

The building is still at 7 levels, they are currently laying foundation for the 8th. There will be 11 levels total.. with aprox 12 feet of additional space above for a roof. So it will have the height of a 12 story building.

I think it will do something for bridging the big cap of empty space between the capitol and the highpoint center. We're not there yet.. but we're moving forward (as Toyota likes today).

Aside from the "rad" comment, i believe your right. From ocala, you can see the little ornament atop the League's building, and the crane fot the tallahassee center. It is going to be visable, but it might not stand out being brick and dark-ish. But, it will no doubt help the density of that area. Also, from parts of gaines now with the lot cleared for the marriot, you can get a good look at a mass-o-buildings!

Archived