Gameday Center | Tallahassee

Florida

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel so behind, being out of town for 4 days! I was Tallahassee sick after 1 hour. I missed my baby! But I'm glad to be back.

How do you know exterior work is to begin soon.

Oh yeah, I went to Athens, GA today, another city with a Gameday center, and they've got nothing on us... just thought I'd plug that in.

Its got to be 9 from the front not from the back. The back will be a bit taller than the front because of the slope. So it sounds like we've really got us 3 more levels and a roof. The building is moving along quite nicely.

I remember eariler this summer they were just putting up the crane! Remember how we cried they were moving all too slow?

Because there was a little confusion about how many floors remain before this building is completely framed here is an estimate of the current progress:

9.jpg

Tallahassee Center 9.13.5

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

dang taureen, u are always on top of the pix! i drove by the marriot on gaines today and they were still pushing dirt. hwo worthless

Was watchin' WCOT today and saw that downtown development piece again... it gave me some renewed excitement about our downtown... My favorite line was from Michael Parker when he said "Other cities have large downtowns, we're going to have one too". He said it with such confidence... I wanted to kiss my t.v.

This renewed spirit is something I need alot these days with the limited responses in the Tallahassee forum, (OH GOD!)... especially when I see how busy other forumers are talking about other cities.

But we'll get better at this hopefully.

^They are just that.... words.

I'll believe it when I see it. It was the first project proposed for our downtown, with this design on the tables since 1999. If I were going to be built, it would be built.

I've heard talk of spot across from the Department of Education, two parcels than the state plans to sell, being right-fit for a highend hotel. There are other parcels along Gaines with similar compatibility. So, well see.

Well thats why Im excited about the potential for those two parcels across from it. Speaking of... we need to stir up some talk about height restrictions again... I'd like to get the commissioners talking about them once more. Last time we did, we had a flury of interest in downtown. I'll try to plant the seed soon.

Archived