Ashland City to get Highrise Condos?

nashvol85

I just saw on the news plans for a 10-12 story luxury condo development on the Cumberland River in Ashland City. It looks like 2 towers (maybe, couldn't tell)...the project has a marina incorporated in it (already under construction). The project is supposed to be about $50 million.

Do you think it will go through? Could this type of thing work in such a small town?Would it work better in a place like Gallatin (on the river)? Clarksville?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would think Clarksville would be doing something like this before Ashland City, but hey it doesn't matter to me where they build them. I think its great news for Ashland City if they get built. They would be a big feather in the city's cap as far as prestigous investment in residential development goes.

When you think about it, Ashland City is a mere hop and skip from downtown...15 minutes maybe? It's beautiful out there, so I see no reason why not. I'm sure Nashville workers will occupy the place. I love the countryside. I do remember getting pissed off when I saw a Wal-Mart sitting on what used to be pristine land. I hope this doesn't become the norm for Ashland City, that part of the county needs to be left alone imo.

• 4 months later...

My God...the pigs are flying and the fat lady is singing loudly these days! I never in my life thought I would see urban development PERIOD, much less high rise condo development taking place in Nashville's suburbs. I am truly astounded. This will no doubt begin a trend for the rest of the suburban areas. This single project is, in my opinion, almost as good of news as all the projects going on downtown put together at least in the sense of the overall progression of urban development.

^ I'm suprised Ashland City is getting this size project too, but I think its great they are. I really wouldn't call Ashland City a suburb though, its pretty much its own seperate entity IMO as the county seat of Cheatham Co with a good distance of land seperating it from Nashville.

There is not really a rendering or the project, just a rough drawing on the web-site. It did however have a master plan for the site. There is also a large sub-division going in on Bearwallow road just past the old Wal-Mart. I think these are called Hidden Lakes and the homes are going from the 250's to the 500's. I got a price on several lots and they are going from 40 to 50 grand each.

Just a side note to this. One of the real funny things to happen here was the fact that the Ashland City FD was going to have to purchase a ladder truck in case of fire. There was a rift between the city and the county over this but it was resolved.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived