Tallahassee Titans

2nd Time Success Plan

Report from WCTV6

Behind the Scenes

Will it work?

"This football crazy area there's never enough of a good things. If not for the failure of the Thunder we'd be filled with enthusiasm. David Morris thinks Tallahassee is the perfect place to try this "They (the Thunder) would still be playing today if they were in a different league. It was the league that put them out of business, not the community." Siting league fees were too high and there was a failure to market the team properly (my argument all along). :thumbsup:

Around October is when the team hopes to hold tryouts. Even if there is a rocky start, Morris claims he's not going anywhere. "

Beau Bishop reporting

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was shocked that UCF wasn't part of this concept. As much as I'd like to see a team in this league inTally, the reality is that only one team will go in Florida, and where better than in Orlando to get all the Seminole, Gator, Golden Knights, Hurricanes, Bulls, etc fanbase? Plus Orlando has had a successful record with springtime football (the highest drawing team in the XFL plus a reasonably successful USFL team coached by Lee Corso.) The arena football team, however, should look at Tally, since if they can get 4 or 5 thousand a game, they can make it with their pay structure.

I was shocked that UCF wasn't part of this concept. As much as I'd like to see a team in this league inTally, the reality is that only one team will go in Florida, and where better than in Orlando to get all the Seminole, Gator, Golden Knights, Hurricanes, Bulls, etc fanbase? Plus Orlando has had a successful record with springtime football (the highest drawing team in the XFL plus a reasonably successful USFL team coached by Lee Corso.) The arena football team, however, should look at Tally, since if they can get 4 or 5 thousand a game, they can make it with their pay structure.

It might be due to UCF's lack of on campus stadium. They are building one now, but it will hold less than half that the Doak can.

I think we far under estimate the ability of this community sometimes. I have all confidence that the arena team will work out, but here were talking about an outdoor team using FSU's stadium, usually capible of holding 80,000 crowds. I don't think for a minute this new team will draw as many fans as our very own Noles, but the focus is to entertain those who want this type of thing. We have a niche for this product here, I think it could succeed and if it doesn't the worst they can do is move on. I'd like to give both a try, I love Football in this city.

It might be due to UCF's lack of on campus stadium. They are building one now, but it will hold less than half that the Doak can.

Still, it's all about location and Orlando is more central for a Florida team than Tally or Gainesville would be.

I was gonna comment on that too. Most of the names are silly and stupid. Surely these names can't be the cream of the crop? Are they going to be identified by the name Capital City instead of Tally? Hopefully it won't be the Capital City Capitals, but Tally Capitals kinda sound retarded too. I was hoping for something more unique yet not stupid.

I don't know which one to vote for..........

Out of the 120 suggestions that were submitted I can't believe these are the only choices they're letting us vote on...arghh! :sick: Bullfrogs? Fire Ants? Cats? What the.....! Just how backwoods are we trying to appear?

Heck even Tallahassee Crackers would have been better than those options. If we are gonna be backwoods, let's at least embrace it.

Capital City Cats

Bullfrogs.... what can a frog do?? Why would we want a team named after a nasty reptile

Fire Ants..... other teams are gonna say "yea we squished them like ANTS!!!"

Thunderbolts... Sounds generic

Capitals.....WTF

Senators..... Don't trust us!!!

All sound bad... Although I did like the name Tallahassee Crackers! lol

I don't know about Tallahassee Crackers.... I don't think its much of a football name... might work for baseball.

Tomahawks is by far the best suggestion.

Like you all I feel this is an insult, by the Tallahassee Democrat, to choose these options of all of the sugestions they were sent.

is the democrat poll the offical one? i think the team has a tie in with clear channel.... on 1270 a.m. they were talking about a poll on their website www.1270theteam.com and that there would be a press conference on Wednesday... not sure if that's today or next week...

and last i checked on the 1270 poll the results were:

NAME THE TEAM

TITANS

59%

TARPONS

4%

KNIGHTS

13%

TALONS

9%

CONUISTADORS

13%