Tallahassee Titans

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well there are a bunch of the Nissan Titans around. LOL!

Maybe they'll be a tie in.. .anyone with a Nissan Titan gets 25% off tickets...

I just wish the names were a bit more local in nature... and I wish the person who did the 1270 poll had used spell check. conuistadors? nice try, but there's a Q in there.

in other news, did anyone else see that 5 of the AIFL teams in our area bolted for a new league? the WIFL? i think they were Daytona, Rome, Carolina, Chattahoochee and one other... i'll try to find the story and post it... found it..

AIFL Loses 5 Teams

Anyone think that the Tallahassee Titans will follow suit?

And the winning Team Name is .............drum roll please........

The Tallahassee Titans!!!!!

Just announced tonight on channel 6 news. This was the name I submitted (see earlier thread comments) sooooooooooooooo, does that mean I get a cut in the action $$$$$$???????? :yahoo:

Congrats Skydave on the winning name for Tallahassee. Titans sounds good. Thanks TaureanJ for posting the design layout. I like the logo.Thunder sounded like a cool name too. Would Tomahawks been politically incorrect, figured it went well with Seminoles. I wish Arena Football had not left my hometown.

In the article I saw the name Vipers. I like that as much as some of the NFL names.

I'm sure plenty in this forum are anticipating the Canes vs. Noles on Sept.4th.

Why did the Democrat even run that poll if none of their names were in the real selection process? Looks like they could have combined the Democrat poll (with the real contenders) and the radio poll. Is that how it got selected by the radio poll? Was it just from one station or all them owned by one company?

Besides w/satellite radio, internet radio and MP3's, who listens to radio anymore?

Why did the Democrat even run that poll if none of their names were in the real selection process? Looks like they could have combined the Democrat poll (with the real contenders) and the radio poll. Is that how it got selected by the radio poll? Was it just from one station or all them owned by one company?

Besides w/satellite radio, internet radio and MP3's, who listens to radio anymore?

That is all I listen to. I listen to 1270 and the new 100.7 FM. I refuse to pay for satellite radio service. Probable just me thou.

I'm with you, its not worth it! Radio is one of the last few things in life that's still FREE!! Why pay for it!

IMO most free radio is pure crap owned by the mega corps that just spoon feed us the same music they have been paid to play us coast to coast. However locally owned or independent stations are cool.

sbdinc both the stations you mentioned are local talk radio, right? I'd prefer that since they have a local format.

I don't have satellite radio either, but I do listen to free internet radio and MP3's all the time. To me, morning radio seems to be the worst. Just play some music and shut up jabbering. :D

I don't have satellite radio either, but I do listen to free internet radio and MP3's all the time. To me, morning radio seems to be the worst. Just play some music and shut up jabbering. :D

My primary station is 97.9 FM. I've loved it everysince they came to town, although they are very guilty at times of playing the same songs over and over. From time to time they'll throw in a new song, but for the most part I rather enjoy the repeating tunes as I REALLY enjoy most of them.

When I'm not doing that I'm still pushing in the old fashioned CD's! My car is ready for an iPod, but I just can't bring myself around to paying the $299.99.

When I'm not listening to 97.9 (The Smooth Jazz Station) I'm listening to 96.1 (I enjoy the Tom Joyner Morning Show), 88.9 NPR, or 87.7 (CBS).

I'm also thinking about getting into 91.5, although it might seem a little wierd with my huge subwoofer and amp. pumping out the Classical.

sbdinc both the stations you mentioned are local talk radio, right? I'd prefer that since they have a local format.

Yea both are talk radio stations. I listen to Rush and Glenn Beck. Then I listen to Jeff Cameron and Fox Sports Radio the rest of the time.

Archived