Another Wal-Mart Supercenter?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is with all of yall and your Wal-Mart hate? I have no problem with wal-mart and im not ashamed to say it. I agree that wally world is taking over, but the prices are low and thats what me and about half of america go there for.

The Wal-Mart whining has become tiresome. Just don't shop there.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/quote

I agree with you. If you don't like the place don't shop there. Leave it alone, face the fact that wal-mart is not going anywere. Yea you can stop it from building a store but unless theres some big scandle, this mega giant ant coming down. For me I look at Wal-mart as a test. If your city/commuitie can't survive it than there just weak. It's survival of the fitist.

There have been several markets where they have tried to zone Wal-Mart out of existence......instead, the have literally broken their stores up with seprarate entrances and registers for the different sections.

I don't feel like getting into the Wal-Mart debate, but I'm proud to be Wal-Mart free for 13 months.

I would like to see some evidence that Kmart, Lowes, Sears, Home Depot, Target, Belks, Circuit City, JC Penny, and countless others are better than Walmart in terms of what they have done to encourage pedestrian activity, urban development, not leaving big boxes behind, or paying their retail employees a living wage with benefits. And I won't even bother with the foreign goods thing as that is already a lost cause.

I can't help but noticing the ire at Walmart is really misplaced if you shop at any of these other places. Its the same thing, just a different name. People are either clueless or hypocritical if they can make some claim to superiority because they avoid Walmart in lieu of these other chains. (no offense BTW)

I try to justify my once in a blue moon Target experience based on what they did in Minneapolis. They were responsible corporate citizens there with the construction of a new headquarters downtown. It was intentionally built to provide employees with access to public transportation. A good thing.

That said, I realize Target is still a big-box retailer that requires vast seas of parking around (most of) their stores. They are also guilty of leaving big-box skeletons on the landscape when they decided to move on to the newest strip mall/power center. Not a good thing.

Archived