Montcross

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have always wondered why Charlotte's sprawl stopped at the Catawba river. It seems now that it is finally going to head to the other side.

I take note of this quote from the article which is disappointing.....

"One of the first developments people will see is a Wal-Mart Supercenter....

Sounds like it is going to be a lovely place.

I agree, just another sprawlburb :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, Gaston County did have a good run while it lasted. Now it looks like with this everybody and his brother will start to build here. The county's budget has been strapped for cash because all the mills have basically closed or moved to another country, taking all the tax revenue with them, so expect any kind of big development to get built.

I have always wondered why Charlotte's sprawl stopped at the Catawba river.  It seems now that it is finally going to head to the other side. 

I take note of this quote from the article which is disappointing.....

"One of the first developments people will see is a Wal-Mart Supercenter....

Sounds like it is going to be a lovely place.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I can remember when Gastonia didnt even start until kroger and putt putt...now it connects with lowell and will soon be connected by development with belmont unfortunately.

I can remember when Gastonia didnt even start until kroger and putt putt...now it connects with lowell and will soon be connected by development with belmont unfortunately.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know what you mean, everything on the east side of the county is merging together. Lowell, Gastonia, Belmont, its just going to be one big area of development.

• 4 weeks later...

Charlotte is gonna be pretty big in the next ten years... A certain coworker (Whats up JT?) of mine advised me of some commercial development planned in the Belmont area near Belmont-Abbey College that he states is gonna turn that area into the next Balantyne. Anyone have any information on this as it could be very beneficial to the value of my home. I'm looking to guage how long to hold onto this place.

Charlotte is gonna be pretty big in the next ten years... A certain coworker (Whats up JT?) of mine advised me of some commercial development planned in the Belmont area near Belmont-Abbey College that he states is gonna turn that area into the next Balantyne. Anyone have any information on this as it could be very beneficial to the value of my home.  I'm looking to guage how long to hold onto this place.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think the project you are talking about was discussed in this thread.

http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=11252

That whole Belmont area is going to be pretty darn sweet soon enough. I live in Cramerton so I can't wait for the increase in property values coming soon. Between this development and the recent 485 addition and future 485 addition I think my home may pay off rather quickly. Its already appreciated quickly since I bought it in November.

Yeah I'm glad that it took a while before sprawl started to take Gaston County... I'm sure Gaston will still retain some of its charm though

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Gaston county has charm? LOL... Sorry... Couldn't resist. I guess it does have some (since it had enough to make me build a house there). I'll all about urban sprawl. I love big cities and can't wait to Charlotte to become one of them. Maybe I'm crazy for wanting a NYC outside of NYC but whatever!

Gaston county has charm? LOL... Sorry... Couldn't resist. I guess it does have some (since it had enough to make me build a house there). I'll all about urban sprawl. I love big cities and can't wait to Charlotte to become one of them. Maybe I'm crazy for wanting a NYC outside of NYC but whatever!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

maybe 'character' is the word i'm looking for.. i dunno

maybe 'character' is the word i'm looking for.. i dunno

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There are some "characters" alright LOL (I know thats not what you meant but I just had to joke about it). Just go to the Walmart @ Franklin Square almost any time of day and you will see a ton of them LOL!

• 10 months later...

Archived