Spartanburg Photos

Spartan

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

one of the artists IS a sculptor. so we may see some new sculptures in downtown. i definately want to see more public art on display in downtown. i love the broze figures now, but i'd like to see some more modern and abstract sculptures around the city.

• 2 weeks later...
Reading all these posts has confused me... Is Spartanburg getting another tower? If so are there any details on height or such? :)
I have only heard that Spartanburg will be getting a condo tower at the corner of Broad and Liberty. The site was going to be a 3-4 story office spec building by Johnson Development, but they decided to scrap those plans to do the condo tower. I don't know how tall, but I would hope for at least 10-12 stories. I also think someone in the CVB should do a walking tour brochure about all the fountains in Spartanburg. I think it would be a draw to visitors who need things to do while visiting here. If Charleston can sell people on ghost tours, I think we could interest people in our collection of beautiful fountains.

I just don't think that site can handle anything that tall without looking really odd. Where would they park? Spartanburg is in no position to allow someone to build residences downtown without on site parking.

I think they could handle an even larger condo on that corner if they wanted. Parking is available at the 4 level garage across the street, Broad has just been changed to allow for more parking, the Library lot is highly under utilized and I also heard that Johnson Development had bought the Carolina cash parking garage beside this site to do parking perhaps and lastly they could park under if necessary. My only other hope is that it will have commercial space on the ground floor.

• 1 month later...

The HJ runs a pictorial called slobot. This weeks pictures is in the old Carolina Theatre in the Montgomery building. check out the pictures HERE

That was a particularly cool one. I would very much lke to see the old Carolina restored in some fashion. It would be a cool place for smaller shows.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived