Downtown Marriott Residence Inn

Florida

Yes man!! I'm most excited about our city's approach to downtown revitalization... following the models set fourth by cities that found successes themselves. It seems to be working for us quite well.

I think anytime you can get a developer that excited... there are others waiting in the wings.

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

I saw crews working on the North west corner of the lota at 1 am friday morning... is there a rush to pour the foundation? I hope so. Will be nice to see her riseing there on the corner. I was shocked at the impact of the hilton (also only 5 stories) on blairstone so i am a lil more excited about this corner. Lots of talk coming up this week about he gaines street... thought i would drag this back to the top again.

• 2 weeks later...

It seems like all the pipes are set, because you see all this PVC protruding from the earth with people working on it.... Must be lost of work making a hotel, with all those rooms and all those water pipes!

I think the building will start going up soon? i hope?

• 3 weeks later...

Downtown Marriott Residence Inn Update:

SonyShots029.jpg

• Signage shows the same rendering postedat the start of the thread. There appear to be 5 or 6 levels of hotel.

SonyShots028.jpg

• Here's a look at the project site from the North-East corner of Gaines and Railroad.

SonyShots030.jpg

• The fencing made taking a good picture difficult. But here you can see the plumbing and some verticle construction starting with the blocks.

SonyShots032.jpg

• In this picture you can see more of the verticle construction of the hotel. In the back ground notice the Civic Center, just across the street, as well as the Capitol Building, R.A. Gray Building (Florida Museum of History), Highpoint Center, DoubleTree Hotel, and Tallahassee Center (under construction).

that is going to be a great building block for the rest of gaines street! i love the way it's right on the street instead of being set-back with a huge parking lot in front of it. i predict that place will be popular with people coming into town to watch the 'Noles at Doak since it's within walking distance.

Archived