Downtown Marriott Residence Inn

Florida

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I doubt it... I think that's the whole fun behind a Hard Rock hotel. I'd like to have a little gaming here in Tallahassee... all honesty. Its a shame we no longer have gambling here... we used to back in the early 1900s. It would only be fair to allow us a venue... all other cities in Florida seem to have it in some form or fashion wether on a reservation or out on the water... we need to find us a loophole.

I passed the Marriott Residence Inn site last night and it appears they have a little crane of their own now. The project seems to be moving forward a rather notcible pace! I'm excited to have it undercontstruction.

The word of the new loft project on Adams got me to thinking just how big our downtown is. Instead of being a block of streets, its more of a semi-circular pattern around the capitol building. I noticed when I went to the top the other day with my camera. The Cascades area will really bring out the shape in our downtown, and Gaines Street will be impressive if developments continue to follow the example set forth by this Marriott project.

I really think we should consider painting our mast arm posts white to distinguish it from the other districts downtown.

Picture an oak in the middle.... although Poonther might not like us excluding his palms! :P

An oak or two is fine since some of those palms are coconuts and won't grow here in our climate zone anyway. I'm all for it if it's real gambling and real slots like in Biloxi, LV and AC. I loathe the video slot games.

Sweet shot TJ of the Marriott Residence Inn. Now that's how I like to see a project happen...in a timely manner. When are they saying this hotel will be open?

I love how this corner sits! It is very attractive in my opinion and gives me alot of hoppe for the similar FLoridian Project... as far as corner interaction. I like how tall the first floor ceilings appear, it will be a nice space for a retailer or resteraunt!

Absolutely! I can definately see a Tropical Smoothie here.

I think the owner believes this property would better be sold for use similar to what's under construction across the street and feels now is a good time to have this property on the market. Just my guess. However, I think someone recently had news of what is to become of the old Citgo.

Archived