Downtown Marriott Residence Inn

Florida

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GREAT Pictures TJ! This is my Favorite looking Hotel in Tallahassee. I love it being right across from my office. I am definitely going to recommend my customers stay there. I am staying at Marriott Residence Inn in Lake Land all week next week.

Marriott's are the only hotel chain that my company set's me up in and this appears to be the nicest I have seen yet and I have stayed in one in every city it seems like in the State of Florida. Marriott is in the process of updating the interior look in a lot of there old Hotels and they still don't look as nice as the Downtown Version we have!! The only amenity I don't see in the Picture that I had In Miami was the Plasma Screen TV which was pretty sweet.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Marriott Residence Inn

Tallahassee - Universities at the Capitol

GRAND OPENING

There wasn't much fan-fare to this grand opening, but the company was there. People were filing into their rooms this afternoon and attending a meeting in a conference room. Here's a look at some of the things I saw this evening.

SonyShots037.jpg

Nice welcome sign greets visitors and passing traffic on Gaines Street.

SonyShots035.jpg

Parking Lot landscaping features a few palms, bushes, and a random selection of flowers.

SonyShots033.jpg

Side walks are neatly paved with bricks.

SonyShots032-1.jpg

Large man greets me in the conference room wing of the hotel. There was a meeting going on at the time so I was unable to take a picture of the room itself.

SonyShots031-1.jpg

Greeting table in the conference room area.

SonyShots030-1.jpg

In the main lobby of the hotel, a family comes down to greet grand parents who were patiently waiting for them. Professional hostess stands nearby.

SonyShots029-1.jpg

Two sitting chairs near the window are good for a friendly game of two-hand spades, or private conversation.

SonyShots028-1.jpg

Hotel also features Pool table to allow guests to compete while looking out on Railroad Avenue traffic.

SonyShots027.jpg

I love the way the stonework and the decor work together. Great job here in this room.

SonyShots026.jpg

This contemporary decor also very nice.

SonyShots025.jpg

Nice lighting fixtures throughout the hotel's ground floor.

SonyShots024.jpg

Looking out the hotel window onto Railroad avenue.

SonyShots023.jpg

Welcome to the men's bathroom.

SonyShots022.jpg

Nice marble counter tops... although I must say, the urinal was very low, if there were ever such a thing. Just wasn't fitting for a nice hotel.

SonyShots020-1.jpg

Pool area still incomplete.

SonyShots018-1.jpg

Family piles onto elevator for a look at their guest room.

SonyShots017-1.jpg

Very nice hallway, which I did not take the time to explore.

SonyShots016.jpg

A view of the Citgo property across the street. Possibly a site for another innovative FINVARB project.

SonyShots015-1.jpg

Buffet area on the ground floor of hotel.

SonyShots006.jpg

Entry into the main lobby.

SonyShots004.jpg

Guest pickup-drop off area

SonyShots002-1.jpg

Building sits in the shadow of the Capitol, and various other downtown buildings.

SonyShots039.jpg

On the sidewalk outside. This is the Gaines Street side of the building.

SonyShots042.jpg

Signage

SonyShots040.jpg

Nice brick work here on the sidewalk.

SonyShots041.jpg

Inside this area is the dining space. Very appropriate for this space.

Archived