Downtown Marriott Residence Inn

Florida

i was asking if anyone else had pix or updates, but I today have an update.

Drove by today and the cinderblocks are piling up, probably a half a story high, but its not consistent, but it seems to be going up well :)

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Drove by today and the cinderblocks are piling up, probably a half a story high, but its not consistent, but it seems to be going up well :)

Passing by today, I saw exactly what you saw and I was pleasanly surprised!

From the Marriott site I could see the Tallahassee center, and I thought to myself, in just one year we've got three new towers to boast about in our downtown. Soon we'll see a Plaza Tower skeleton.

Thanks for all of the updates and pictures! You had a beautiful day for taking those shots it looks like. Not a cloud in the sky! I'm interested to see the finished product. The rendering looks great, but I feel that in real life it could go either way, aesthetcially speaking.

• 2 weeks later...

one of the reasons i bike at all, but the increase in activity will bring an end to alot of the dangerous riding we do... doing 30 mph on a bike is all well and good untill a pedestrian steps in front of you... or that damn Yukon on college today... ((please stop trying to kill me tallahasseans... i am only trying to be healthier!))

oh agreed! I had the htought of keeping it there because it is kinda neat looking. I think it is roofless... but i would like to see it turned into a gallery more than anything. It reminds me of the hole in the wall galleries that used to be tourist atractions before people stopped giving a hoot about art. But with the direction the gaines steet corridor is taking, and the influx of highend lifestylers, a gallery makes such logical since to me. It is large, close to fsu, famu, railroad, and DT. I want it... someone get that building for me for my 23rd b-day and i will paintit beautifully and fill it thouroughly with the charm of tally :blush:

oh agreed! I had the htought of keeping it there because it is kinda neat looking. I think it is roofless... but i would like to see it turned into a gallery more than anything. It reminds me of the hole in the wall galleries that used to be tourist atractions before people stopped giving a hoot about art. But with the direction the gaines steet corridor is taking, and the influx of highend lifestylers, a gallery makes such logical since to me. It is large, close to fsu, famu, railroad, and DT. I want it... someone get that building for me for my 23rd b-day and i will paintit beautifully and fill it thouroughly with the charm of tally :blush:

Sounds awesome! I think the lady that won the lottery might be willing to buy it for you. :lol: A Gallery is a good idea... it would have to look like the Marriott though.

One thing I'd like to see on the new "Strip" are painted Mast Arm post on for the traffic lights. I'd like for them to be painted white... it would definately take on the look and feel of a Florida entertainment district.

Or maybe A hard Rock hotel farthre up the hill on gaines! that would solve 100 problems. I could just see it... presserve one of teh oaks as a centerpiece for the building... uhmmm sexy. Image driving down gaines and seeing the hard rock with some outdoor seating creating a U of protection around a beautifully lit oak! Hot and tally!

Archived