Frenchtown

Florida

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes it does look like it is taking in Mike's Beer Barn. They must have wanted it in the past, but w/the recent sale of the property and their fixing it back up, I think acquiring that parcel is highly doubtful now.

What you are forgetting:

CHUBBY'S

No not the two phat nightclub's in one where you get shot at after you party. This is the one where you drive thru to eat chicken fingers etc.

Plus, with the Growth Management and Planning departments from the City and County moving in after the first of the year (For county GM, the rumor is end of Jan-Early Feb.), you'll have another 200 or so people working out of the Renaissance Building, creating more opportunities for restaurants and coffee shops in that area. As far as Carolina Oaks and some of the other housing slated to be built there, count me in, if its at a price I can afford, since it will be down the street from the office.

Does any one know if there is a website for Carolina Place homes. I would be intersted in finding out more about the developer and the going price for these holmes. Accordning to TJ, if some are afraid of moving here now then maybe they might offer some incentives or something to attract some good buyers, until the area does pick up some. The location would be prime for me since I work 4 blocks down, I would walk to work everday or take the scooter!

Next time you are in the area, look on Georgia two and three houses west of MLK on the North side. There are two homes that have never been lived in and are FSBO's. Every time I pass there, I wonder how they were selling these. They look just like the Carolina Place homes, but maybe they aren't officially part of the project?

Now I understand.

It could be the homes on Georgia you mention were developed by a "leech builder". This is common in areas where major projects begin and an individual owning an unrelated parcel in the vicinity seeks an opportunity to make an easy buck. Chances are, those signs are still there because the leech has overpriced.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived