Frenchtown

Florida

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Jazz Club Coming to Frenchtown

Our girl, Juana Jordan, of the Tallahassee Democrat, reported to us in the Sunday's news paper that the sound of Jazz is coming soon to Frenchtown. Local musician Clarence Seay and his wife Jerri, plan to open up a club this spring calling it B Sharp's Jazz Cafe in the former location of Sneads Franklin American Legion Post 205, located at 648 West Brevard Street.

BSharpsJazzCafe.jpg

Great News! :yahoo:

I read that article yesterday TJ, but I could not place the bldg. Thanks to your map, I now know exactly where they are talking about the jazz club going. This is good news. I also like all your pix of F'town. I really like the style of houses being built along Georgia and Carolina streets.

How is all of the new development affecting diversity in these neighborhoods? Who are buying these houses? Are we likely to see a more integrated Frenchtown anytime soon?

One thing I know is that current residents are being given priority to purchase these new homes. Then there's a waiting list for everyone else who wants the purchase. Although the homes have luxury amenities, they are being sold under an Affordable Housing program. Some are still going for as low as $138,000.

nice pics TJ. my wife and i actually looked at the new two story homes that were being built in the area near the new city/county building last year during the parade of homes. they were very nice. one thing the area has going for it is LOCATION. it's close to everything... i think as the development continues the diversity will increase too.

I am so glad for Frenchtown and now proud to call it my new hood. I know there are lots of renovations

going on in some of the old rundown houses in the area. Lots of people are coming back and putting money

into these homes and they are renting them out in Killearn prices!!

I live exactly 6 blocks from these new F-Town homes. The racial dividing line in this area on the east side tends be the one-way pairs of Duval and Bronough. I have notice in the past few years that this line is slowly changing with both whites and blacks moving across that divide. Let's hope it continues.

See my problem is that I can never tell where Frenchtown ends heading towards the east. Now if you take 6th ave from Old Bainbridge all the way past Central St I think you enter a different a hood. Me and my mom

joke around saying you know you out of Frenchtown when the streets becomes more smooth. Are we the only ones who notice this?

Central St. is part of Frenchtown, it runs alongside Fourth Avenue. If you go past the old housing project (if you don't know the name, it's in my screen name :lol:) and keep straight, you'll see 4th Ave and Central St. All that is part of Frenchtown.

As far as diversity goes, it'll be a mix of both blacks and whites.

:rofl: CityBoy. Frenchtown gave Tallahassee police a lot to look forward to, to the point where we should have been on COPS. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad F-Town changed from being the city's criminal headquarters but it's the truth. Some of the cops set up shop at my old housing development during the 80s.

• 10 months later...

Cool map TJ, I've never seen that one before.

I drive through the area a lot on my travels around town. I really like the Carolina Place homes around MLK and Brevard. They are very nice. And Goodbread is soooo much nicer than they Ebony Gardens. They are moving very slowly on the F'town Village Marketplace. They've had that tiny portion of Macomb blocked off for ages w/very little progress. I hope this project is still happening.

I can't see them incorporating Mike's Beer Barn into the Entertainment District b/c the new owners paid tons of money for the biz and then just recently spent tons more according to the Democrat fixing it up.

Archived