Haywood Mall Retail

gs3

Went in PB yesterday, looked sharp!

Does anyone know if the Haywood remodel includes the exterior (at least at entrance areas) and new signing by 385?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't know the answer to that question, but I would also like to know. I've commented to my wife (so many times that she's probably sick of hearing it) that the outside of the Haywood Mall could use a face lift (or at least a good pressure washing and painting) and some more modern signage along I-385 and Haywood Road both.

The facade looks OLD and the current signage is minimal and out-dated, too.

I've never been to Haywood, someone get some pictures pronto!!! :)

I'll try some snap a few sometime in the next few months once construction has progressed and post them. The remodel is right in the middle at the moment, so the mall is fairly torn apart. The finished mall is going to look great! A cooler, more high country look with stone, wood and leather furniture.

I'll try some snap a few sometime in the next few months once construction has progressed and post them. The remodel is right in the middle at the moment, so the mall is fairly torn apart. The finished mall is going to look great! A cooler, more high country look with stone, wood and leather furniture.

Sounds like Greenville's only remaining mall will be like Northlake Mall that just opened in Charlotte- lots of various shades of brown decor, leather furniture, mid-market anchors and a range of price points among the in-line tenants, with a few upscale ones but mostly mid-market ones.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Stopped by Haywood Mall yesterday and they have started replacing the upstairs carpet and it looks awesome! Everything is earthtone...muted golds, browns, rust, and creams. The information desk is now in front of Macy's and they have started putting hardwood floors down in the center court. It looks like they have a dark cherry finish. The new glass railings are crome with exposed glass rather than framed glass. It will look great when they finish!!

With all of the shootings out there, it might be a while before I go out there, unless they increase security.

And a year ago I thought only Westgate in Spartanburg was that dangerous. <_< What is with these idiots loitering around innocent shoppers? I remember a time nearly two decades ago when it was seriously unsafe to go to Haywood without the proper "equipment," but there is no call for such activity today.

Haywood is by far the worst currently. A year ago it was definitely Westgate. Several shootings and such had occured there, but now they are happening in vast numbers here. This is very disturbing to say the least. Obviously the job of patroling the grounds has moved well beyond the ability of Simon Mall Security. <_<

When I was in High School they had three shootings in like one year at the Roper Mountain Waffle House, I remember all my friends parents banning them from going to any waffle houses. In realty it was the area, because that BP had three people shot in one night and Characters and what ever other clubs that operated there had had shootings. Likely the people from the club were responsible for the shootings at the Waffle House and the BP, but it made the area seem really dangerous.