Haywood Mall Retail

gs3

Palmetto Moon out of Charleston is going in the old sc place location

Thanks for the info. :) Bummer to hear the rumor was wrong. However, on the flip side it means Urban Outfitters could still open at the One development downtown.

Edited by citylife

I still think they should expand a wing through Sears since there is no where to expand. What stores? I already have a list in mind.

bebe

...Brooks Brothers

...The Cheesecake Factory

There was a Bebe in the Dillard's wing in 1995 and for a few years afterwards.

I am surprised that there is no Brooks Bros. or Cheesecake Factory in Greenville, though.

Yes, I know. I think that was a little early for Greenville to have a bebe, but now I think that the time is right. Even Asheville has a Brooks Brothers. Since Asheville is getting just about everything Greenville has now (except Sephora, Pottery Barn, Ann Taylor, and Apple, etc.) then it wouldn't surprise me if Haywood expanded. Since Asheville is significantly smaller and they have most of the same things (even though you have to count the tourism as part of that as well), Greenville seems behind and they need more. With all of those stores, they will differentiate themselves between Asheville's shopping. I still think that many of those are actually reasonable, for once. haha.

I actually think Nordstrom is more reasonable than a Von Maur. They already have Belk, Dillard's, and Macy's, and that's enough of the same already. Von Maur would not do well because people would probably go to Belk, Dillard's, Macy's, etc. instead since people are already familiar with it. People know what Nordstrom is, and would go there. Especially the people who are tired of driving to Charlotte and Atlanta for shopping, or tired of "dealing with Belk"...I like Belk, but I doubt they do. Besides, it really wouldn't hurt SouthPark. I take an average of 3 trips to SouthPark a year. If Haywood has those stores, It would probably be limited to 2. People will still go to Charlotte and Atlanta, but less. You have to remember, however, that the CSA is over 1.3 million (or around that). Factor in the people who come from Asheville and even Columbia to shop in Greenville.

Yes, I know. I think that was a little early for Greenville to have a bebe, but now I think that the time is right. Even Asheville has a Brooks Brothers. Since Asheville is getting just about everything Greenville has now (except Sephora, Pottery Barn, Ann Taylor, and Apple, etc.) then it wouldn't surprise me if Haywood expanded. Since Asheville is significantly smaller and they have most of the same things (even though you have to count the tourism as part of that as well), Greenville seems behind and they need more. With all of those stores, they will differentiate themselves between Asheville's shopping. I still think that many of those are actually reasonable, for once. haha.

I actually think Nordstrom is more reasonable than a Von Maur. They already have Belk, Dillard's, and Macy's, and that's enough of the same already. Von Maur would not do well because people would probably go to Belk, Dillard's, Macy's, etc. instead since people are already familiar with it. People know what Nordstrom is, and would go there. Especially the people who are tired of driving to Charlotte and Atlanta for shopping, or tired of "dealing with Belk"...I like Belk, but I doubt they do. Besides, it really wouldn't hurt SouthPark. I take an average of 3 trips to SouthPark a year. If Haywood has those stores, It would probably be limited to 2. People will still go to Charlotte and Atlanta, but less. You have to remember, however, that the CSA is over 1.3 million (or around that). Factor in the people who come from Asheville and even Columbia to shop in Greenville.

A lot of people from Columbia just go to Charlotte to shop. Only an hour away and more choices.

Nordstrom is NOT coming to Greenville, at least in the near future. Greenville doesn't have the demographics for a Nordstrom. Von Maur, on the other hand, has already said that it's eyeing the Carolinas, and as Greenville already had a Parisian, it's reasonable to think that Von Maur would consider Greenville.

Yes. And that's very unfortunate. I don't like Von Maur at all. May as well keep Sears. Von Maur is not going to work in Greenville anyway. They hardly have anything different from Belk, Dillard's, and Macy's. When you add in Von Maur all it does is hurt the other three and provides themselves with a very small amount of customers. Why go there if you're already happy with Belk, Dillard's, or Macy's? There's not a reason. Especially with the sales (particularly Belk and Macy's.) Besides, one of the only brands sold at Von Maur that aren't at the other stores in Burberry, and a few people even think that it is fake. :shok:

Don't get me wrong, I like Belk, but some people do call it "grandma's department store". Even Belk looks more contemporary than Von Maur. Just look at Bloomingdale's at Perimeter. A nice, contemporary, attractive store. Von Maur is going to come in and take away all the contemporary details and put down their ugly emerald green carpet and their faux-downtown entrances. Gosh I hate Von Maur! It seriously looks like they took a 90's Nordstrom and put down the ugly emerald green carpet. Besides, many people say they do almost no market research and just open with whatever. The Atlanta and Greenville markets are much, much different from Indiana or Iowa or wherever they are from.

It is so going to fail at Perimeter. They seriously open in October and November (near Christmas time) and think that their supposed "success" they had from North Point justifies opening another store? That is supposed to be decided from stores open a year or longer. Why would anyone in their right mind shop there at Perimeter when they could go to Nordstrom?

Sorry, haha. Always have to have my little Von Maur rant.

I am hoping for a Lord & Taylor if Greenville can't get a Nordstrom.

Edited by ct36

Yes. And that's very unfortunate. I don't like Von Maur at all...

I am hoping for a Lord & Taylor if Greenville can't get a Nordstrom.

First, Greenville has lost 3 department stores at McAlister and 3 at Greenville Mall in the past 17 years, while adding 1 at Haywood and 1 downtown (if Mast counts). That's minus a net of 4 department stores. Greenville can support another one- even one like Belk/Dillard's (which JB White was).

Lord & Taylor is my favorite store, period, but it's not ever coming to Greenville. It just pulled out of most of the US, except the Northeast (but admittedly is opening in CA and FL).

The Von Maur reviews are decent (same number of stars as the Phipps Belk):

http://www.yelp.com/biz/von-maur-alpharetta

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, I didnt realize Palmetto Moon was going to be this large. Every space from Sears to the Haywood Mall entrance is going to be part of this new store. That's four retail spaces converted into one. Oh and:

7416307002_fbc5a586fb_b.jpg

Edited by citylife

It is pretty big, 5500 square feet which means that it is larger than SouthPark, Augusta, and Columbia stores! It is about the same size as the Lenox Square store, which even feels huge with a bunch of people in it. Can't wait for it to open! I am kind of shocked, though, as it seems like it could open sooner than 3ish weeks.

• 4 weeks later...

-Sleep Number next to Pandora is now closed. They moved over to Magnolia Park.

-Toyland next to Rack Room Shoes is also now closed.

-It looks like something might be going in the vacant space next to Starbucks in the food court.

-Palmetto Moon will be opening in August sometime.

• 1 month later...

I finally made it to Sephora!!! It's a great store! They have a great selection and it is much, much larger than the Sephora inside jcp or the one at SouthPark. The one at Lenox Square is larger, but you wouldn't know that because it's always so packed and cramped when I go. Definitely my favorite Sephora!!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

There are currently no empty spaces on the lower level of the mall. Only the upper level has available spaces for lease. Here is the latest round up:

MAC coming to Haywood Mall? Job listing: M.A.C Makeup Artist

Bakers has closed. Chain in bankruptcy and has closed tons of stores. They may not make it at all.

Zumiez for old Toyland space.

Lids Locker Room has closed.

Flip Flop Shops has closed.

B4U for space next to Pandora.

Edited by gman430