Haywood Mall Retail

gs3

I heard a full scale Burger King will replace the closing Sam Goody's in the food court.

Not hoping for another fast food burger place in the mall, I admit it would be an upgrade from the McDonald's Express. I would prefer Garfield's came instead.

Garfield's in a mall? What do you think this is Westgate? ;)

Garfield's in a mall? What do you think this is Westgate? ;)

I would prefer Haywood Mall bring in a second non-fast food bar and grill sit down restuarant. (Ruby Tuesday is the only one in the mall.) Having locations in Spartanburg (Westgate) and Asheville (Biltmore Square), Garfield's should consider Greenville for a location.

Link: Garfield's

Edited by BoDragon

• 2 weeks later...

More upscale tenants moving into the remodeled Haywood:

Coach is confirmed. Mid summer opening near center court.

Aerie by American Eagle is just starting to open and Haywood is in line to receive a freestanding store with this initial rollout.

http://www.goupstate.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...3/1026/BUSINESS

Also, word is that Martin & Osa (another new concept launching this fall from AE) is headed to Haywood with the initial launch in the fall.

http://www.martinandosa.com/main.html

Edited by gsupstate

I'm very interested in seeing Martin & Osa. I'd like to see what AE has in store for us older kids ;)

Me too. :) This will be AE's competition to AF's Ruehl. Should be interesting.

Per the website, this will be the first Coach in South Carolina (other than off price outlet locations). I was shocked. Seems Charleston should have one on King Street somewhere.

Per the website, this will be the first Coach in South Carolina (other than off price outlet locations). I was shocked. Seems Charleston should have one on King Street somewhere.

I don't think Coach was able to find the real estate they wanted at the price they wanted to pay in Charleston. It's certainly not a reflection of their market, but how it shook out for them as a company does make Greenville's new Coach store a little more special :)

They do actually....i dont know why its on showing up on their website.....but I know for a fact there is one because I go to Charleston every now and then........233 King St. (843) 853-2000

Edited by Temeteron

Is Haywood still the biggest mall in SC? Or did Coastal Grand steal that recognition?

Actually, after doing some research, I busted that myth that CG was largest.

Haywood still holds that title with 1.2m sq ft

Westgate comes in at #2 with 1.1

Coastal Grand is something 5th or 6th on the list with 929k sq ft.

I have not been overly impressed with the interior rennovations at Haywood, but the new exterior looks sharp.

They do actually....i dont know why its on showing up on their website.....but I know for a fact there is one because I go to Charleston every now and then........233 King St. (843) 853-2000

Thanks Temeteron! Thats what I thought as I remembered going in last time I was in Charleston. It's very close to on King to Lucky Brand. Coach needs to correct their website.

Haywood still holds that title with 1.2m sq ft

Westgate comes in at #2 with 1.1

I've got the both the Haywood and Westgate Malls as having over 1.2 million leasable sf, with Haywood having about 20k more. I don't know how the common areas compare.

edit: clarification

Edited by breed

I've got the both the Haywood and Westgate Malls as having over 1.2 million leasable sf, with Haywood having about 20k more. I don't know how the common areas compare.

edit: clarification

True; oddly enough, even though Westgate is the only enclosed mall in Spartanburg that I know of (now at least), it seems to be having some occupancy issues- is the Proffitt's vacant yet?

It's going where the store Goddess is currently occupied.

Cool. Thanks chastogville! :thumbsup: That's a good spot for Coach, right across from Ann Taylor, J Crew, etc.

Is Goddess staying in the mall or moving out. I know it was in several locations downtown and then at the mall. It's owned by one of the reporters or stars or something from Turner South or TNT? Can't think of her name.