Haywood Mall Retail

gs3

My sister and I tried eating at that Ruby Tuesday once and we were seated way over to the side away from everyone else (well...everyone else as in the very few others there). We waited for 10 or 15 minutes and no one ever came to even get our drink order so we got up and left. I don't know if it was done on purpose or not...but when we were walking out the hostess that seated us said something like "hope you enjoyed it!". I wanted to yell at her but dumb people aren't worth yelling at.

Probably the people who prefer the Clock near BJU over Table 301 restaurants. :silly:

I would prefer the Clock over a Table 301 restaurant - but then I'd also prefer a good ethnic (Mexican/Indian/etc) or BBQ restaurant over the Clock (and thus over a Table 301 restaurant). And I also can't tell you the last time I was in a Ruby Tuesday's (yes like most people I have been to one)

Heard that apple is also taking the hair plus space(recently closed). this would make the apple store an "L" shape. possibly used as their stockroom. Not sure. Also, Aveda will be closing as well as Ruby Tuesdays. Panera is supposed to be moving to Ruby Tuesday spot.

huh.gif Where did you hear this stuff from? I've heard nothing of the sort. Would be awesome if Apple did take the Hair Plus space too and made a two entrance store. shades.gif

Heard that apple is also taking the hair plus space(recently closed). this would make the apple store an "L" shape. possibly used as their stockroom. Not sure. Also, Aveda will be closing as well as Ruby Tuesdays. Panera is supposed to be moving to Ruby Tuesday spot.

I can attest to this: Apple stores tend to have a lot more real estate than even what I was aware of. When I interviewed at Apple at the North Shore Mall, I was expecting just a simple back area with the storage, break area, offices, and restrooms. North Shore Apple store has an area larger than the sales floor to the back and the sides. It completely blew my mind, and so much so that they have what appeared to be an office on a hidden second level above the retail area. When you go to an Apple store, by the restrooms is a map with the fire escape routes. The coolest store is the one on Boylston here in Boston. The entire basement and then some hidden areas.

huh.gif Where did you hear this stuff from? I've heard nothing of the sort. Would be awesome if Apple did take the Hair Plus space too and made a two entrance store. shades.gif

I find that rather odd too, especially given that the space they're going in to is already pretty large. That would be an awful large store for the city. I'm not sure about that.

Weekly visit to the mall Saturday....Aveda is totally emptied and gone. Borders is officially closed, as is Hair Plus. Children's Place is already in the space where Hallmark was and the old Eddie Bauer store is being gutted to make way for their new store. The old CP (future Apple) is totally emptied out. Other empty spaces remain the same.

Side note: I swear I saw a long time ago that Starbucks was closing, but it's still there. Did something change?

Edited by perrykat

Man, more closings? Ugh. blink.gif I hope that Hair Plus is also filled by Apple now just to see the number of empty retail spaces drop.

Oooohhhh....scary. 5 empty spaces out of 140 plus. Of the 5, Apple will take two and an unannounced upscale ladies chain will take one. I'd be worried. :rofl::rofl:

Oooohhhh....scary. 5 empty spaces out of 140 plus. Of the 5, Apple will take two and an unannounced upscale ladies chain will take one. I'd be worried. hysterical.gifhysterical.gif

Actually, it's more than five. The food court itself has around that many empty spaces. Off the top of my head, I can think of at least eight to nine empty spaces in the mall.

Edited by citylife

Does anyone know how J.Crew and Ann Taylor do? I hope I'm wrong, but those stores don't look like they do much business compared to the Express, Victoria's Secret, American Eagle, etc type stores. I went by them a few weeks ago on a Saturday and only saw associates in J.Crew while the mall was fairly busy. I would hate to see them go the way of Eddie Bauer. JC's stuff looks nice, but super out of my price range :unsure:

Where is there conformation of Apple taking over a second store? If they do, I'll be the first to admit I was wrong, but I just don't see it.

That number sounds about right, citylife.

Edited by perrykat

Does anyone know how J.Crew and Ann Taylor do?

Well since both have been there for 10 plus years (Ann Taylor) and 7 years (J.Crew) they must do fairly well. That is longer than a single lease, so they would have left by now. I shop in J.Crew regularly and it is always busy. Haywood didn't achieve one of the highest sales per square foot in the Southeast by having sluggishly performing stores. Eddie Bauer is a corporate problem.

Actually, it's more than five. The food court itself has around that many empty spaces. Off the top of my head, I can think of at least eight to nine empty spaces in the mall.

Wow. 8 to 9, with several of them having new stores about to enter. I'm SUPER worried now! :rofl: Quick, call Apple, tell them not to open! :rofl:

New to the board. I am suprised no one has posted about the new Showmars (Charlotte Restaurant Chain) now open in the food court. I believe it is the only location outside of Charlotte area. Great Food. It is in the spot where the mexican restaurant was. Also, the Steak place next door to it has reopened.

New to the board. I am suprised no one has posted about the new Showmars (Charlotte Restaurant Chain) now open in the food court. I believe it is the only location outside of Charlotte area. Great Food. It is in the spot where the mexican restaurant was. Also, the Steak place next door to it has reopened.

I love the fried fish meal at Showmars. It is as good as any restaurant in town.

I'm looking forward to trying Showmars. The menu looks good and also a bit more healthy.

http://www.showmars.com/menu.php?play=1

I believe Francesca's is going in the lower level space next to Macy's that was last an embroidery store and was Freidman's Jewlers prior to that. Sheetrock has gone up and there was construction going on.

Apple has blocked off both of its spaces and it sounded like work was going on inside the old Children's Place spot, but nothing inside the old hair salon. The future Children's Place/old Eddie Bauer is being worked on as well. As mentioned previously, Ruby Tuesday's has closed.

So, if memory serves correctly, from what I can tell, after this is over (unless any other stores open/close), the empty spaces left will be 2 in the food court, the old Aveda space, the old Border's, the empty space between SC Place and Bordwalk & Park Place, the old Hallmark/temporary Children's Place, the old Panera Bread, and the old ice cream place. Not that bad.

Was there an Apple logo up on the blocked spaces? Sometimes they'll do that especially in mall spaces. I thought the old Borders was getting filled by the embroidery store? unsure.gif Marble Slab was doomed from the beginning. Never put an ice cream shop that doesn't make much money in a high-rent section of the mall. That space won't be empty for long due to its location. Two new high-end tenants should be making their way to the mall very soon from what I hear.

Edited by citylife

Yes, you are right. That embroidery store is supposed to be in the Borders store, but nothing has happened there yet (I suspect they wouldn't do any alteration to the store) so it may not take them long to move in. I am *guessing* that Francessa's is going in that spot down there, because it is the only other spot under construction. Looked through the cracks and saw they were pretty much tearing it apart in there.

No signs for Apple.

lol nice photoshop image...but there is nothing on the baracade yet...

laugh.gif Yeah, I know. As we get closer to the opening, the barricade will be painted black and a white apple logo will go up on it like this: http://somemacblog.files.wordpress.com/2007/03/apple-1w.jpg For now, the barricade will remain white.

I find that rather odd too, especially given that the space they're going in to is already pretty large. That would be an awful large store for the city. I'm not sure about that.

Weekly visit to the mall Saturday....Aveda is totally emptied and gone. Borders is officially closed, as is Hair Plus. Children's Place is already in the space where Hallmark was and the old Eddie Bauer store is being gutted to make way for their new store. The old CP (future Apple) is totally emptied out. Other empty spaces remain the same.

Side note: I swear I saw a long time ago that Starbucks was closing, but it's still there. Did something change?

I am not sure about that either. That does seem too large. Maybe they accidentally put it on the list? I can't imagine it closing. The line is often out of the store.

-The sign for Francesca's is now up. There is another sign up in front of the space too that says Ink & Thread will be opening soon in the old Borders Express space. If Apple is indeed taking both of the Childrens Place and Hair Plus spaces, that store is going to be HUGE. It's looking more and more likely at this point that the rumor is true. I say that because there is no sign up on either space of what is going to be coming soon. Only Apple would do that. Also, only the Childrens Place space has a door where workers can enter and exit. If they were going to be two separate tenants, I would expect doors on the front of both retail spaces even though they both connect to each other.

Oh and Marble Slab got evicted by the police for not paying rent. I do find it funny though how the store still looks exactly the same as it did when it was open. Toppings like sprinkles still in their jars, bottled sodas for sale on counter, ice cream machines still on, tables/chairs set up, etc. They could reopen tomorrow if they were allowed to. I don't know why Simon is allowing the store to sit like that. dontknow.gif If they're not going to reopen anytime soon, Simon should force Marble Slab to clean out the interior of the space so a new tenant can come in.

Edited by citylife