Haywood Mall Retail

gs3

-Men's Wearhouse is going to start closing stores that overlap geographically in areas. Greenville has one store inside Haywood Mall and another near the intersection of Pelham and Haywood Roads. Hopefully the one that's not in Haywood Mall behind the gas station gets the boot. It will probably depend on which lease is up first.

-Abercrombie will begin closing stores that aren't doing well and/or aren't located in high-end enough malls over the next three years. I doubt Haywod Mall is on this list to be closed. The mall continue to get more upscale and Abercrombie is located in the high-end wing. They also seem to stay fairly busy and would have closed by now if they weren't doing good business.

-Urban Outfitters will open 45 new stores in 2010. I hope Haywood Mall or at least somewhere in Greenville is on this list. Regarding square footage, Urban Outfitters stores average 9,500 square feet and are located in large metropolitan areas, select university communities, specialty centers and enclosed malls. Anthropologie stores average 7,400 square feet and are located in specialty retail centers, upscale street locations and enclosed malls. Free People stores average 1,400 square feet and are located in enclosed malls, upscale street locations and specialty retail centers.

Thanks for the updates, citylife!

I think the Greenville A&F is probably one of the safest ones in the state...while I don't like the store, I hope it does stay. Asheville Mall, Columbiana, etc would seem more like candidates for this to me.

Still hoping for Anthropologie in the upscale wing. It would take some major changes, though. If it means anything, Urban Outfitters has a mall store at Southpark in Charlotte - but there may not be room at Haywood.

Edited by perrykat

Difference in wants I guess, but I want only a few tables.....sought after tables, not a mass area for memaw, grandpaw, the kids and the aunt and the uncle.....large family groups kind of take the romance out of outdoor dining IMO.

LMAO!!!! :rofl:

The mention of memaw and grandpaw illustrate your point perfectly! :lol:

Edited by Greenville

-Kay Jewelers will be going through a renovation soon. Don't know if they'll relocate temporarily while this work is going on. Bids are due March 31st.

-Aeropostale's store is also slated for a renovation with bids due August or September 2010. Don't know if they'll relocate temporary either while this work is going on.

-The Childrens Place new store is scheduled to open this Saturday.

-Walls are being painted and stained shelfing/cabinets are starting to go in the future Francesca's Collection space. Hiring has also started for this store.

-Apple's space is completely gutted and side walls should start going up very soon if they haven't yet.

-Pandora will be holding a job fair at their future retail space on March 23rd from 11am-6pm for any interested applicants.

-Kay Jewelers will be going through a renovation soon. Don't know if they'll relocate temporarily while this work is going on. Bids are due March 31st.

-Aeropostale's store is also slated for a renovation with bids due August or September 2010. Don't know if they'll relocate temporary either while this work is going on.

-The Childrens Place new store is scheduled to open this Saturday.

-Walls are being painted and stained shelfing/cabinets are starting to go in the future Francesca's Collection space. Hiring has also started for this store.

-Apple's space is completely gutted and side walls should start going up very soon if they haven't yet.

-Pandora will be holding a job fair at their future retail space on March 23rd from 11am-6pm for any interested applicants.

Don't like any of these stores except Apple, but glad to see things are moving along. I'd think a decent store will go in to the place where Children's Place has been temporarily given the location.

Nothing new on Sephora and I haven't heard anything regarding LUSH at this time. I'll keep a lookout though in case something comes up.

Would Sephora fit in the store where the Childrens Place has been temporarily located? That seems like a good location since it's in the upscale section. However, the images of their stores show different sizes (I guess it depends on market size), so I don't know. I'd say the Borders space as second, but it's not very deep and is a very odd shape.

I'll go by there tomorrow...will post any updates if I see any.

I went today and didn't see any changes really, but Children's Place isn't near ready for their new store, maybe next Saturday. There is a little bit of merchandise in the store (it's finished, very sleek inside, attractive) but they haven't really started even moving today. They are still fully stocked in the old store.

Pandora looks like they are starting to get things like bags, etc. Won't be long until they are open I don't think. No change at Fransesca's.

Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory has closed. They were emptying it out. Seeing there is no "new store coming" sign at the portion of Eddie Bauer that wasn't leased, maybe there is something in the works for combining those 2 stores for one of the tenants we're wanting.

Edited by perrykat

-Francesca's exterior is almost complete and signage is now up. Store should be opening soon.

-Interior construction has started on Pandora space.

- The new Childrens Place store will open Thursday.

-Oh and something is definitely going inside the portion of the old Eddie Bauer space that wasn't used by the Childrens Place. Construction workers were in there when I walked by today. Don't know if the old chocolate store will be included or not.

Edited by citylife

The Children's Place has moved in to their new store. Francesca's and Pandora both have their exterior entrances and signage up. Nothing has changed at the rest of the stores (except those "new store soon" signs have been added to the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Co.).

The Children's Place has moved in to their new store. Francesca's and Pandora both have their exterior entrances and signage up. Nothing has changed at the rest of the stores (except those "new store soon" signs have been added to the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Co.).

Has anything changed for the part of the old Eddie Bauer space that wasn't used by Childrens Place? I noticed workers in there doing upfit work last week.

Has anything changed for the part of the old Eddie Bauer space that wasn't used by Childrens Place? I noticed workers in there doing upfit work last week.

It was dark in there, but I couldn't tell anything had been done. Just like that store behind SC Place, this space doesn't have one of those "coming soon" signs, oddly.

Nothing has changed except Fransesca's is open. Pandora's shelving has gone up as well.

I'm starting to doubt that tenants are signed for those "coming soon" spaces. I'm thinking that's just to make them not look depressing. They've been there for a while and nothing has happened in any of the spaces.

Ruby tuesdays has closed...make way for a new panera! Also, looks like Francesca's collections (womens boutique) is opening. job listing posted on mall website. anyone know what space? My guess is a smaller space...

Ruby Tuesday's closing sucks. I know they were actively planning a freestanding location past Old Airport Road to replace its location. Its lease was up, and they chose not to renew. Plans for the new location are still underway.

I do not see Panera Bread generating more business even with increased visibility at a mall enterance.

Haywood Mall needs a void for a full service sitdown restaurant filled. Applebee's does not count.

I saw the inside of the unused portion of Eddie Bauer's old space that a user mentioned was being worked on. You can see right in there. I can't tell anything has been done other than sheetrock work/patching.

For whatever reason, Apple has painted the outside walls of their store black.

I saw the inside of the unused portion of Eddie Bauer's old space that a user mentioned was being worked on. You can see right in there. I can't tell anything has been done other than sheetrock work/patching.

For whatever reason, Apple has painted the outside walls of their store black.

Interesting...thanks for the info. Maybe they are just sheetrocking that space for a possible future tenant even if one isn't planned for there at the present time. Apple paints their construction barricade wall black than applies a white company logo like this: http://www.ifoapplestore.com/photos/holyoke_may32007.jpg

PoppyPia out of North Carolina? Good chain. Ladies clothing, but good chain. First in SC.

http://poppypia.com/index.htm

Yeah, I believe that's who it is. I couldn't quite remember the name but I do remember it was a regionally located women's clothing store with a funky name that started with the letter P so this has got to be it. Hiring has begun for the store and it should be open by Memorial Day.

A few other updates:

-Workers were inside the old Eddie Bauer space that wasn't used by Childrens Place again today. Looked like they were putting down wood flooring and installing lights on the ceiling. Not sure if anything is planned though.

-They have FINALLY started to repave the parking lot that has potholes everywhere. Right now, they are working near where the main entrance and Belk are located. I hope they repave the area near the old Ruby Tuesday's also.

-ph34r.gif Sort of like the opposite of Michael Jackson. It went from white to black:

applegreenville.jpg

Edited by citylife

• 2 weeks later...